Looking for options for a multi vendor store like a marketplace, I'm a newbie

Highlighted
1 0 0

I would to sell for other artisans and have their stores linked to the website and they take care of the sales, what do I need to do this and can this be done with the basic shopify or upgrade?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 14 54

Hi, @tamarakel!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you for sharing your question, I definitely have the answers you are looking for. In fact, I answered a thread similar to this where I listed options for a multi-vendor marketplace like store. Check out that post here.

Focus in on paragraph 3, where I discuss the following:

For starters, you will need to make sure you are at least on the Basic Plan or higher. I encourage you to browse through the different plan options too, but having the online store feature is the only requirement per se.

From there, you can choose an app add-on from our App Store. To make things easier for you, I shortlisted some options you can browse through below:

Check out the full thread for an additional recommendation from a Shopify Partner as well. 

In short:

1. You can do this on the Basic Plan without an upgrade
  2. The easiest way to set up a marketplace like this is through an app
  3. If you have custom needs beyond what any app can offer, you can also consult a Shopify Expert

Let me know if you have further questions or comments and I'd love to chat more.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like