Lost client between cart and payment page

2 0 0
Hello all

I have many add to cart
But no orders at all!!

Is there a way to know when in the process the customers choose to leave? In the information page? Shipping page? Confirmation page? Payment page? How can I know?

Another issue- how can I skip /combine all those many steps? The checkout process looks bad...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 23 41

Hi, @Zack14.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

This is a great question on how to determine where exactly customers may be leaving your store. There are apps in our App Store that can help you identify where these areas are, and these are my recommendations:

Better Replay - You can track clicks of every customer with full session recordings. 

Lucky Orange - This app allows you to see exactly where customers are navigating away from your store. 

Hotjar - This app includes visitor recordings as well as the ability to get instant feedback from your customers on your store.

To find other apps that have this feature, you can check out our App Store here

If you require assistance with any of these apps, you can contact the third-party developer by using the contact information and help documentation underneath the "Support" area of the app's page. To learn more about getting support for third-party apps, you can check out our help doc here.

I recommend taking a look at any abandoned checkouts that are located in the admin. You can use these to recover abandoned checkouts to encourage customers to return to your store to finish making their purchase. To access these checkouts, you can login to your Shopify admin and click on Orders > Abandoned checkouts. You can manually send a customer a link to their abandoned checkout, or you can automatically send an email to the customer with the link attached. These can be sent anywhere from 1 hour - 10 hours after the checkout's been abandoned by the customer. 

You can learn more about recovering these checkouts here: Recovering abandoned checkouts.

Our checkout is restricted to any customizations to ensure the security of the checkout for merchants and customers. I would be happy to send your feedback up to our developers team as a feature request to combine the elements of checkout. Your suggestions help us improve our platform for you and all of our merchants. If a feature is added, we will add the notification to the Shopify admin and to our changelog or announcements page.

Let me know if that helps to answer your question. If you have any other feedback, please reply to this thread and I am happy to add it to our list!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Use Google analytics to check out exit pages by clicking on Behavior Flow. Use Pendo.io to create exit intent forms that allow visitors to drop feedback. Have questions like:

- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate our website?

- What can we do to improve?

Also use rejoiner to collect abandoned cart emails. There will always be lost clients. But what happens after folks abandon cart can drastically improve your conversions.

Time to supercharge your marketing https://cutt.ly/Se4Isl1
0 Likes