Lots of Abandoned Carts

20 0 0

A few months ago I made a basketball drop shipping site and have made 5 sales. I just looked at my conversion funnel stats and it shows that about 15% of my visitors (40) add a product to the cart, 7% (17) reach the checkout but only 2% (5) actually completed their purchase. I am unsure if this is the normal cart abandonment rate and how I can improve it. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this. The link for my website is here: https://dunkking.myshopify.com

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Excursionist
138 0 4

Hello Gillian

I checked your website and I must say you need to do some important changes:

- first of all, optimize your website

- add about us page

and much more you should modify for more discussion  reach me ani93sc(at)gmail(dot)com

- ANI

0 Likes

Hi Gillian. Those stats are pretty standard so that's to good to see. Not saying it cannot be improved, but the drop off in the funnel is standard. Biggest point for you would be driving relevant traffic to the store.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
20 0 0

At the moment we are doing Facebook ads targeted at Americans and Australians (I am from Australia) who are interested in Basketball and other more specific Basketball topics. It is also only targetted to 18 to 30-year-old men, as they were the only people who were clicking on the ad. It currently runs on Friday nights and all of the weekend. I am currently spending about $50 AUD a month ($40 USD). This is what the ad says:

We are having a clearance so dribble down to Dunk King for your free ShotLoc Shooting Aid, just pay shipping! Tag a friend who needs help with their shooting!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
53 0 3

Hi Gillian,

If you have a lot of abandoned cart and you are doing a Facebook Advertisement, you can install the Facebook pixel in your website, This way you can choose as audience the ones who abandoned your cart. They might just have forgotten to fininsh the transaction and running the advertisement can help in reminding them.

0 Likes
20 0 0

Hi Ani,

What are some things I can do to optimize my website? Also, I will be sure to add an About Us page ASAP.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes