Lots of Add to carts, but no one is reaching checkout??

Highlighted
2 0 0

My store blackwidowgolf.com is seeing 8-10% add to cart rate, but almost no one is initiating checkout. I've been through the process on the site several times myself, and it all works fine. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas??

0 Likes
Highlighted

How long has this been going on? If it has only been a few days, it could be that people need more time before they buy. If it has been a week or two, could be that the ad is attracting people who Add To Cart but do not buy. You may need to work on the ad you show people. Also, golf equipment may not be easy to sell right now as people are stuck at home and can not use the golf equipment.

Your site looks solid and nothing stands out as majorly wrong, so it just may mean you need to continue to test your Facebook ads to find what works. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Duane. This has been going on for about two weeks/week and a half. I realize that our product isn't exactly an impulse buy and they will need some time to purchase, but I figured we'd be seeing more checkouts initiated at least. I'll have to try and play around with the ads and see what I can come up with. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Blackwidowgolf

Congratulations on your new store page! Your store is pretty great already. I understand it can be frustrating to see few checkouts. 

I do agree with your point that the product isn't exactly an impulse buy. Which is why it's very crucial that you target the right audience. 

One way to go about it is to post in the relevant communities. You could maintain a regular blog that links people back to your store page. Since golf is your passion, you should be able to find other people who connect with your ideas as well. 

This generally leads to genuine feedbacks and testimonials that you can then publish on your store page. 

Another suggestion is to add a bit of urgency to the store. Sometimes the visitors need a slight push to convert from being a visitor to a shopper. 

The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that a new visitor ends up buying and experiencing the same joy that you feel when you create and showcase these products!  

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4 0 0
I have gone through your store quickly and have a number of changes I would suggest.

Note: I am viewing on iPhone

A couple of major items are.

No logo visible of any page of the store except home page

No branding visible at checkout. It’s possible people are abandoning the store becuSe they don’t feel confident

I do have more feedback for you in terms of home page, collection page and product page that would help.

Let me know if you would like that feedback.

Do you have an abandon cart series set up?
0 Likes