Lots of Sessions. No Sales.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just launched my Shopify store shoptavernroad.com

I have a target audience, have set up my social channels, am currently running ads on social media and even though I'm getting traffic, it's not converting to sales. Any feedback/help would be great. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
135 16 47

Hey @TavernRoad 

Congratulations on your new store. Look great and minimal on the first look, so good work. There is definitely room for improvement.

You’re in one of the more frustrating scenarios! I can understand. 

However, it's pretty clear where your problem lies. You've nailed down your advertising and need to improve conversions on your website. 

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating some copy in the first fold. Be clear about what you sell and why someone should buy from you. 
  2. Create your social media pages - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. These are essential for building any brand and trust for users. Once they land on your website, people will be checking around for your social media. Be sure to put up some amount of posts there as well.
  3. Add an “About Us” page. When a new user lands on your website, they will be looking for signs of trustworthiness. A good, personal about us page makes your brand stand out and connect with users. 
  4. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They have different backgrounds and sizes. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional. A bad product listing is the #1 reason people don’t convert.
  5. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  6. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  7. Lastly, testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

How are you sending traffic to your website? What platforms, and what kind of targeting are you using? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It has to be either the quality of traffic or the quality of your website experience which is the bottleneck. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

I hope this helps. Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes