Lots of Traffic but Only a few Sales

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello fellow shopify comrades. I recently started my own shopify account called Shine Bright Jewelry. I wanted to ask a few questions and get answers from other people. First of all my website link is here -> shinebrightjewelry.myshopify.com . So I have had a lot of traffic but not that many sales, I was wondering what you guys think I am missing from my site or what I can do to get a higher conversion rate. Additionally I have noticed that dropshipping sites have some high wait times such as ali express. Are people willing to wait for that or what do you guys do to make sure that these wait times for a product to be shipped and delivered is lower then 30-45 days. Could someone give me criticism on what they think I should correct on my site and be willing to help a fellow member out? Thank you all so much and I wish you all the best!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
585 92 134

Hello @Andrewk102, Product page generate the sale kindly add something like in the product page 

SC.PNG

if it is useful marks as like and accept solution

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

How do I change the date on that? Where do you get that from?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

@Andrewk102 

If you are getting sales on a low level domain, you are doing well

The best way to generate trust is to have a TLD (Top Level Domain), using a Shopify generic domain isn't doing you any favours.

You have an issue in that shinebrightjewelry.com is already registered, but .co uk is available, although it's not a good idea to use any other TLD that is the same as one already registered.

Once you have registered a unique TLD done that, you will need to understand that in your first three months you will need to drive organic traffic (real people), not bots to your site. I suspect that a lot of your traffic at the moment is BOT traffic.

Finally don't believe all the YT video's that proclaim they made  $XXXXXXm in the first two weeks, they are monetised sites on YT, thats how they make money

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

What’s a good way to bring organic traffic to you store then? I did some Facebook ads. Any other recommendation.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

What he said. There's NO shortcut to suddenly getting sales - build it, and they pretty much won't come. You need to generate interest and drive traffic which comes from building your audience and using social networks wisely. Don't fall for the snake oil salesmen out there and buy 'seo', or any other such nonsense - again, there is no shortcut. To get real customers you need a compelling value proposition, good products at the right price, etc. As mentioned, a proper top level domain for your store is essential.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Well that still makes me ask the question. What ways are there to get organic traffic if SEO is bs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

@Andrewk102 

SEO isn't BS, but it doesn't happen overnight, time is the essence, but you can speed things up.

Make sure that all your images have ALT descriptions, this became a Google must this year.

Vary your product descriptions, do not plagiarise your own or other peoples work, search engines will smell a rat.

Your most important first step has to be that TLD  (Top Level Domain)

Advertise on any social media platform you can, not jsut FB, but Instagram, and Pinterest

Use relevant tags and keyphrases, but don't stuff them  (that means 100's per product)

Encourge customers to leave reviews.

Use the Shopify blogs to do reveals of products.

Above all keep up to date on SEO, there are plenty of resources free on the net, and on YT, look for articles and videos from 2020.

You will need to advertise off line too, I'm not sure where you are from but in the UK cheap sources are Parish Magazines, and free papers

0 Likes