Lots of traffic from Ireland?!

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi, from time to time I`m getting 20+ sessions from Ireland, one after another...and I want to know if anyone experiences the same thing? I think this is spam traffic or something, I`m not sure yet... But i can see those bullets on the map one next to each other...

What`s this? spam? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I assume from your post that you aren't actively marketing currently in the Ireland region, so I wonder if you have been in touch with Shopify Support recently for some issue? We have a large support team in Ireland, and this could be why you are seeing spikes in visits to your page. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @Cal, I`m actively marketing in Ireland as well. However, this doesn`t look like good traffic to me...It was exploding of traffic, E.G 1, 2,3.....30 one after another... the same thing happened just today, but this time from the USA.

I haven`t contacted support as of yet  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi.

I'm having the same issue. It seems that this happens every time I set a new ad on Facebook, even if it's still scheduled to run later in the future.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

I wonder if there are Facebook staff also based in Ireland, and you're seeing traffic from them? Because the numbers are not in the hundreds or thousands, it doesn't indicate bots. Likely, it could be Shopify staff, as we have a very large support team there, or something related to Facebook ads? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @Cal, I`m not sure what to say, I took a screenshot to show you some* of the traffic  I get...and it increases drastically.

NorbertDev_0-1605139344862.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

I think stuff are a bit buggy

NorbertDev_0-1605204813665.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

I'm curious if you also have Google Analytics installed on the store, tracking visits? What does the data within the Google Analytics dashboard suggest? The insight provided by GA may prove to be more accurate than our own Live View. 

Does this traffic continue, even when there are no marketing campaigns active? 

0 Likes