Lots of traffic no sales

Solved
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

So I spent about 40 dollars on Fiverr paying for people to promote my Shopify acct. Since then the traffic is great, just today I'm almost at 10k sessions at there is still about 3 hours to go till 12 pm. But I haven't gotten my first sale. Are these Fiverr freelancers sending bots to my store? Confused on how 10k can visit the site but no 1 will but, something has to be off... Looking for some feedback, maybe there are problems on my store that I'm missing? Idk really wanna make sales, prepared to do almost anything. Let me know here is a screenshot of traffic numbers and here is the link to my website. 

https://geekback.tech/ 

Geekback.tech 

https://geekback.tech/Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 8.39.24 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi 

Free trial of enterprise-grade real-time e-commerce analytics apps at IQLECT. Visit website to know more: https://www.iqlect.com
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 40

Hey, Geekback team!

Morgan here from the Social media team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out over the forums to see what might be going on in terms of your traffic vs. sales. Although traffic on your site is high, the wrong traffic won't generate the sales you are looking for. It's hard to say if the visitors you are seeing are some sort of bot, or just very broad/un targeted traffic.

The first thing I would check to determine which of these it is, is your bounce rate. Bounce rate is when a customer hits your home page but leaves shortly after. If your bounce rate is extremely high (over 90% high), it's likely these sessions may be generated from some sort of bot like you had mentioned could be the case. The reason for this is- Generally speaking, even if an ad campaign is targeted poorly, a few customers will still browse your store. Bad campaign targeting will still see a 70%-80% bounce rate, so anything above 90% would seem extremely fishy.

You can check this in your analytics under Admin> Analytics> Reports> Session by Referrer> Edit columns> Bounce rate.

If you are still in communication with the person you hired I would ask them what methods of advertising they used, and how they targeted your audience. Based off of your niche, you shouldn't have a difficult time narrowing down who your product is targeted towards. Also, if you gave them access to your Facebook Business Manager you should still have access to the campaign they ran. Here is where you will see how they targeted your audience.

Have you considered running an ad yourself? I highly recommend reading a few resources on targeting, and run a Facebook or Google Shopping ad of your own. This way you can see what works and what doesn't. It also gives you a sense of who your customers are, to better tailor your website to those consumers.

Here's a few I've found helpful:

1. Facebook Advertising 101 
2. An introduction to Facebook Ads

In terms of what things should look like- When you review conversion rates, a decent/average online store rate is around 2%. Meaning, for every 100 visitors you should be seeing roughly 2 sales. Of course, with a small sample the results would vary quite a bit. However, with 10k visitors you realistically would be seeing around 100-200 sales with a successful ad campaign.

I hope you are able to get some of the answers you need from the free lancer you hired, in terms of how they were running your ads. However, if you would like to try it out for yourself, and have questions feel free to ask here! I'd be happy to share what I've learned from Facebook advertising, and I'm sure other experts lingering in the forums will lend a hand as well.

For anyone reading this thread in hopes of some answers for your own store, feel free to leave a reply with the struggles you may be having with your conversion or bounce rates! Let's share some tips!

Cheers,
Morgan F | Shopify Social Team

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Pathfinder
100 6 19
Your site defiantly needs some tweaking before spending any more money. There are a lot of things that make your site seem untrustworthy which means people won’t open their wallet. I really regards to the visitors you are getting i guarantee you at those prices they are either not traffic or traffic from 3rd world countries that will never actually buy something. If you have a million visitors but not a single one has a credit card do those visitors do you any good? No.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

My bounce rate is 35% which isn't close to 100% which is good. I'm going to contact the fiverr employee. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

My bounce rate is 35% which isn't close to 100% which is good. I'm going to contact the fiverr employee. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Is there any ways to drive traffic to the store on a small budget? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 40

Thanks for reaching back out! 

That's good news that the bounce rate isn't extremely high. This means it's very unlikely the traffic was the result of bots. However, it does mean the wrong audience/traffic was found. 

When working with a small startup budget I recommend trying out ways aside from paid ads to get your first sales. As finding customers organically will help build your customer profile. This is important because once your customer profile has enough data to go by, you can create paid advertisements with a lookalike audience. This is a recreation of the demographic that has already purchased from your store to attract similar customers without the overhead of a large/expensive campaign and retargeting strategy. (Meaning less expensive ads with higher result) However, it can sometimes be hard to get those first few sales without ads to get the ball rolling. If you're interested in some free "sweat equity" ways to make your first sales I recommend giving this blog post a read.

Hope this helps! 
Morgan F | Shopify Social Team 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
I am having the same issue. 15K visitor starts and no sales. What should I do?
0 Likes

I had the same issue honestly people on fiver just don't know what there doing. They drive traffic that's it. There is page viewers and unique viewers which people don't know how to do it at all. You need an extension that you pay for which will give you the tools to grow you E-commerce business exponentially. I stumbled across a few and all were rip off priced, useless extensions that did not help at all. I stumbled across: https://bit.ly/2HI1GdA which is labelled the best all in one e commerce software. I tried so many other ones like VideoE Central and just didn't seem to help me at all. I was put off with the monthly price but it was cheaper than the others which was charging $399 a month which i really wasn't wanting to pay for. By using this i've gained over $2,000 dollars in the past 3 days by paying the monthly price. I'd give it a try mate because i wasted over 200$ before hand by useless money hungary people/companies. Hope i helped you, good luck with your Ecommerce Business.

https://bit.ly/2HI1GdA
0 Likes