Solved

Can Shopify loyalty programs reward specific product purchases?

sketchysociety
Tourist
10 1 6

Hello! I need help figuring out a loyalty program for my customers. I want to reward customers for buying a certain product. After buying it 10 times, they are given a free one. How can I do this? Every loyalty program I've come across, paid for and free only allow me to reward customers with points for spending X amount of money, placing an order on anything (not a specific product), or anything alike. I can only give out "points" to customers who buy this one very specific product and can only reward them with this one specific product. I can do the work manually, but don't know how to let customers keep track of the amount they've bought and how many more they need to buy to earn a free one. Any help would be much appreciated! I've been struggling to find a solution for a while now.

Accepted Solution (1)
sketchysociety
Tourist
10 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you! I'll check it out! I really can't afford LoyaltyLion also so I'll be looking into Rise! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

sketchysociety
Tourist
10 1 6

I guess I should add that it does not matter if they buy one at a time or all ten at once. I just want it to be every ten they buy to keep them coming back. Every program I've seen doesn't keep track of the amount the buy across orders. They only track with a points system, which doesn't necessarily work for me. I believe a customer account is necessary for this to work, but I just don't know of a way to let customers access their information, as if it were like a punch card. I'm happy to do the manual work, but I just want to know of a way for customers to keep track of their own progress. Thank you so much for helping me!

ChoSG
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi!
I see there is no answers yet - pity.
But maybe you managed to find a solution?
Please let me know, I faced the same question.
Have a nice day)

sketchysociety
Tourist
10 1 6

Hello! I was using Loyalty Lion as a solution to this problem. It allows you to give points to customers for buying a specific product. The only downside is it costs extra for most features. I recommend it if you're looking how to do this. Then, just make sure your budget allows for this to happen. I appreciate the reply! It's unfortunate no one could help me with this. But, I am happy to help others with what I've found after some hunting. I hope it works out if you try it!

currencycoffee
Tourist
10 0 2

I am having this exact same issue! I cannot find an app for the life of me that offers the loyalty program I need - need 6 bags of coffee, get a $20 store credit. Those 6 bags can be bought all at once or over any period of time. Did you find a solution yet? I really can't afford LoyaltyLion right now....

currencycoffee
Tourist
10 0 2

I replied a little bit ago but now have a solution for you! I've been speaking with the developers of Rise and they are going to implement this change within 2-3 weeks. 

sketchysociety
Tourist
10 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you! I'll check it out! I really can't afford LoyaltyLion also so I'll be looking into Rise! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

devonlambert
Tourist
6 0 2

How did Rise work out for this?

What is their pricing model?

Thank you!

hope_mortimer
Excursionist
20 0 39

I have this same issue and trying to find a suitable app. Rise is a minimum $20 USD a month so not an option. All these app developers must think we have such high margins in retail. You get nickeled and dimed to death! We are already discounting an item by offering a loyalty program so the extra $20 a month further eats into profits unless you have huge volume! Anyone else have an option that is simple and free. I may have to resort to a notebook or give people paper cards which i hate to do. 

Sensei
Shopify Partner
42 0 2

After talking to over 100 Shopify merchants, one thing I realized is: point-based loyalty programs can confuse customers and fail to provide immediate benefits. If your loyalty program is hard to understand, customers won't feel motivated to participate and earn rewards. So, let's address your question. Can you offer customers a free product after their 10th purchase? Absolutely! But you need to structure your loyalty program in a specific way.

Instead of using points, consider implementing a cashback system where customers receive a 10% cashback on every purchase. By promoting this cashback incentive and encouraging customers to keep buying to earn more, you create an opportunity for them to accumulate enough cashback to eventually score a free product. Just remember, this would only be possible after they've made 10 orders, given the 10% cashback rate.

Another effective approach is to introduce different tiers in your loyalty program. Each tier can offer a specific cashback percentage, with higher tiers providing greater rewards. This strategy motivates customers to make additional purchases to unlock higher cashback percentages and access better rewards.

When it comes to loyalty program apps, I highly recommend exploring options like Fealty. They offer straightforward benefits like cashback and discounts, providing immediate value to customers. This keeps them from seeking alternatives and ensures their loyalty to your brand.

The beauty of these programs is that they deliver instant value to customers, eliminating the need for them to explore other options. They'll remain loyal to your brand for all their shopping needs.

One feature I love the most is the progress bar. It visually shows customers how much cashback they've earned and how much more they need to reach the next tier. This keeps them engaged and motivated to buy more.

The best part is that customers can redeem their cashback on their next purchase without having to wait until they accumulate a certain number of points. Unlike point-based loyalty programs, where you have to reach a specific threshold before enjoying any benefits, this approach allows customers to leverage their cashback right away.

It's a win-win situation for both you and your customers. Instead of making your customers buy 10 times just to get one free product, I highly recommend going with this approach.

PinakinSalve
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey @sketchysociety, I know the perfect app for you. I have an offline + online shoe brand and I use 99minds Loyalty and Gift card so that my customers can redeem gift cards and loyalty points in store and online, in any channel of their choice. It ticks all the features you need plus  instore and online POS integration with also integrating Gift Cards. You can reward customers for various things like referring a friend, money spent, repeat purchases, posting on social media, (which you have to assign points manually). It has a whole lot more features which are very needful for any clothing brand to increase customer retention and loyalty. Personally my repeat ourchases have skyrocketed ever since this integration. You can also include gamifications and numerous VIP tiers too.

There is a great flexibility in creating and customising rewards and customers can earn points in the ways that you have mentioned.  The best thing about the app is its flexibility plus the price. Its very affordable for small businesses and very simple to integrate.

Here is the link: https://apps.shopify.com/99minds-gift-card-loyalty-referral

Do let me know if you need any more inputs. Wish you luck.