Solved

Can you use multiple dropshipping apps on Shopify without conflict?

Johnny19
Tourist
11 0 4

Is is feasible to use more than one dropshipping app or would they conflict with each other?  THX

Accepted Solutions (4)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Johnny. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team at Shopify. 

Great question, and I am happy to say that the answer is a big yes! When you have an online store your products can come from all different suppliers. You can even have dropshipping products and print on demand and custom packaged items on your store at the same time as well.  

The crucial bit of information is on the product page. Under Inventory there is a section where you are able to choose where the inventory is tracked. For each different company you will want to make sure that that is set up properly to state what product is from what company. However, when you connect them that will automatically be set up. 05-52-wbhg3-d1xg4

If it is set up by a dropshipping company there will be a SKU number there as well. Make sure you never remove that! If you remove that your product will be disconnected from the dropshipper and all orders won't be automatically sent over. 

Then for shipping, it would be best to have the shipping rates included in the price of the product. This way you will be sure to always have the shipping rates covered. 

Does that answer all of your questions? If not, let me know! 

Cheers,

Dallas

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

hamitch
Tourist
4 1 2

With that solution, I assume this means we include shipping costs in our pricing. Do we still need to use shipping zones/rates for those dropshippers?

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hello @Johnny19 

Shopify store supports multiple suppliers. So you can use any number of dropshipping supplier app like oberlo, aliorders, spocket, dser etc. . .  

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Question 1.

Are you wanting your items to be different prices as in different currencies but the same value or are you looking for the price to be entirely different depending on the country even after the currency change? 

The reason that I as is that the steps would be different for each option. If it's just that you want a different currency then I suggest a currency like one of these: 

If it's that you need different prices entirely then you would need to go about it a little differently. First, you would have to create multiple products and then you could use an app like Locksmith which would allow you to hide certain products from certain countries. 

For example, say you're selling Red Shirts. In Canada, you want to sell them for $10 in the USA you want to sell them for $15. You would then create two products and have the $10 hidden from the USA and the $15 shirt hidden from Canda. This would all be done using the app. Is that making sense? 

Please let me know if that would work for you, and if not then let me know and I will look further into this for you.

Question 2

The second question is possible but it really depends on who you're using for your suppliers, and for that, you will need to speak with them. Pixel's, for example, have multiple different warehouses for the same products and will figure shipping out for you, but if you're using completely different suppliers, you would need to actually have different products set up on your store.  

I hope this helps to answer your question. If not then please let me know. 

Replies 15 (15)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, Johnny. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team at Shopify. 

Great question, and I am happy to say that the answer is a big yes! When you have an online store your products can come from all different suppliers. You can even have dropshipping products and print on demand and custom packaged items on your store at the same time as well.  

The crucial bit of information is on the product page. Under Inventory there is a section where you are able to choose where the inventory is tracked. For each different company you will want to make sure that that is set up properly to state what product is from what company. However, when you connect them that will automatically be set up. 05-52-wbhg3-d1xg4

If it is set up by a dropshipping company there will be a SKU number there as well. Make sure you never remove that! If you remove that your product will be disconnected from the dropshipper and all orders won't be automatically sent over. 

Then for shipping, it would be best to have the shipping rates included in the price of the product. This way you will be sure to always have the shipping rates covered. 

Does that answer all of your questions? If not, let me know! 

Cheers,

Dallas

hamitch
Tourist
4 1 2

With that solution, I assume this means we include shipping costs in our pricing. Do we still need to use shipping zones/rates for those dropshippers?
Isso
Tourist
8 0 2

Dear @Dallas,

The prices of the products in a certain product category should vary depending on the location of the shop visitor's IP address. Is this possible?

I would also like to know whether it is possible to send the order for a product in a certain product category to a drop shipping partner who is selected depending on the location of the shop visitor's IP address.

For example:

1. Customer from Germany buys T-shirt -> Order goes to Drop Shipping Partner a.
2. Customer from USA buys T-shirt -> Order goes to Drop Shipping Partner b.

Thank you for your answer!

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Question 1.

Are you wanting your items to be different prices as in different currencies but the same value or are you looking for the price to be entirely different depending on the country even after the currency change? 

The reason that I as is that the steps would be different for each option. If it's just that you want a different currency then I suggest a currency like one of these: 

If it's that you need different prices entirely then you would need to go about it a little differently. First, you would have to create multiple products and then you could use an app like Locksmith which would allow you to hide certain products from certain countries. 

For example, say you're selling Red Shirts. In Canada, you want to sell them for $10 in the USA you want to sell them for $15. You would then create two products and have the $10 hidden from the USA and the $15 shirt hidden from Canda. This would all be done using the app. Is that making sense? 

Please let me know if that would work for you, and if not then let me know and I will look further into this for you.

Question 2

The second question is possible but it really depends on who you're using for your suppliers, and for that, you will need to speak with them. Pixel's, for example, have multiple different warehouses for the same products and will figure shipping out for you, but if you're using completely different suppliers, you would need to actually have different products set up on your store.  

I hope this helps to answer your question. If not then please let me know. 

Isso
Tourist
8 0 2

@Dallas 

THANKS that helped a lot! Somethings seem to be missing something after the colon in your answer to my first question"...then I suggest a currency like one of these: ..." right?

An additional question: I would like to concentrate on Art Prints. On the product side, the customer should be able to choose between various art print sizes using a dropdown menu. The price must then adjust depending on the selected size. Which Shopify templates meet this requirement, or which feature should I pay attention to when selecting a theme?

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

AhHa! Good catch, you're right. The links did not appear. Let me re-share them with you: 

There are a few more options in our Shopify App Store but these three are some of the more popular options. Have you looked into any of these yet? 

——————————————————————————————————

As for your second question — 

Oh, that is a feature that comes with all themes. All you would have to do would be to have what are called variants in the products in your store. Variants allow your customers to choose different versions of the initial product. Variants can mean different sizes, different colors or really any other option that you would want to make available to your customers. You can make or see variants in your Shopify Store Admin by going to Products and clicking on the product you want to have the different options. 

However! Since you're dropshipping you cannot make the variants in the Shopify Admin. You would need to make them in the supplier and then import them to your Shopify store when you import the products to your Shopify store. The reason for this is that the SKU numbers connect your Shopify store to your supplier automatically.

SKU numbers are "Stock Keeping Units" and essentially organize every single version of your products including all of their variants.

If you made the variant in Shopify the SKU wouldn't know where it was supposed to send order information to. Does that make sense? I know SKU numbers and importing data can seem daunting so I don't want to overload you with too much information, but if you're not quite understanding please let me know and I will go into more detail. 

Best, 

KellyB2022
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Dallas! In a case like this, where we might have on demand items, as well as items from an International supplier from somewhere like China, what is the best way to provide tracking and shipping updates to the customer? Is there an app or a built-in Shopify functionality that allows for multiple tracking numbers to be updated on a confirmation notification template? 

carineh1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dallas, 

I hope you're still with Shopify to answer, but additional questions. What if you wanted to have multiple suppliers but also include products that you create and sell, is that possible? 

Thanks!
Carine

w2b
Shopify Partner
15 0 4

Hi, this is Peter from the Wholesale2b App.  If you are using more than 1 App to integrate products from various drop shippers, then it should not be a problem as long as those Apps using unique item numbers.  As you know some Apps might use the same suppliers so if the item numbers are the same then there might be some conflict between the Apps.  Thankfully with our App we use prefix the supplier SKU numbers with our internal supplier ID numbers which makes each item number fully unique. This is done especially to avoid any conflict with other drop shipping Apps.

I hope this helps.

Peter

Peter
http://www.wholesale2b.com
AUTOMATED APPS FOR DROP SHIPPING

miss_necessity
Excursionist
31 0 11

Hi Johnny, 

It's okay to use more than one dropshipping app. In fact,  I use both Oberlo and Importify in my store. Oberlo for Aliexpress and Oberlo verified, then Importify for Wonify (US based), Etsy, Dhgate, and Banggood. More suppliers, more sources, the better. I love having many options, I bet you do too.

Good luck!

Johnny19
Tourist
11 0 4
Wow,

Great info. Thanks
Margie_b
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Miss Necessity-
Your reply is the most helpful by far. Does your customer receive tracking numbers from all different suppliers? How are shipping costs calculated? We want to begin adding dropshipping products to our info product store but from two different suppliers.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Carrie0427
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Hello! This is Carrie from Spocket Team to help. There's no harm if you have other dropshipping apps as one thing that we value most is the reliability of the products and how the order processing works.

image.png

If you are looking for  another droshipping app, it's a hassle-free if you may use Spocket as we cater the high-quality US and European products with fast shipping process. I guarantee that we have tens and thousand of suppliers that may provide your niche. Also, we work for hand on hand with our suppliers to make sure that the orders are processed accurately and efficiently.

You may use these links for your reference and feel free to browse Spocket app to check our US and European products:

If you want to know more about us, you may check out our Facebook Page and you can join one of the largest communities for dropshippers with 28000 entrepreneurs and start communicating on their experiences.

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hello @Johnny19 

Shopify store supports multiple suppliers. So you can use any number of dropshipping supplier app like oberlo, aliorders, spocket, dser etc. . .  

WinnieCROV
Excursionist
23 1 2

Hi @Johnny19 ,

there is no issue for you to use more than one supplier as long as they use different item number. here on crov dropshipping, we prefix our unique item number with the product variant, which makes every item totally uique and avoid conflict with other dropshipping app.

To your success: https://dropshipping.crov.com