Made custom theme, how do I change the default images from "no image" to the normal Shopify one?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had a developer make a custom theme. The problem I am having is that I do not know how to change the way the default images and icons look. To clarify, I can add new images. I just want to change the default one.

Currently, if I add a new section until I add an image, it just shows the text "no image" with a circle and line through it (see image attached with section 3 text)

I would like to be like Shopify's free theme's where it had a proper default image before you customize it (see image attached with the text 'image with text overlay')

I also want to know how to change the icons (see image attached with list of sections, icon on left)

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.26.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.26.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.27.11 PM.png

jhamytime_0-1604521675922.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
795 41 122

Hey, @jhamytime!

The default images you see on the theme would be hardcoded into the theme files. The theme that was designed for you would also need to have the same image files coded into it in order for those specific default images to appear. The same would be true of the icons in the theme editor, they would need to be hardcoded in by your developer. There is not much assistance we can provide here for a theme that has not been created by Shopify I'm afraid, our team can only assist with themes we have created. But I thought it might be worthwhile to drop in here to say the best and fastest way to resolve this is to contact the developer who originally developed your theme. They would have added these images and icons initially, so they would know where to locate them in your custom theme. It may also be helpful if you were to provide the developer with the image files you would like to use to speed up the process! As each theme is different, I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location for these images I'm afraid. You could try checking out any other theme in your library to start!

Can I ask if you currently have many products without images? I'd recommend against this, as images can be vital to selling a product. Were there products you wanted to publish but they do not have product photography completed yet?

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes