Make Checkout Logo a Clickable Link

Solved
MedsyCare
Excursionist
38 0 5

Hi there,

Is it possible to make the my checkout logo a clickable link back to the homepage?

URL: www.vitalcatz.com 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

Hi there @MedsyCare!

Don here from Shopify.

I tried following the link to your store, but the site there could not be reached.

Would you have made any changes to this site's DNS records recently?

If so, we would just need to wait for 24-48 hours for these changes to be fully applied and propagated online.

Can you access your store okay on that link at the moment? Would you have another URL, like your store's myshopify.com URL, that we can use to view your store currently?

If we can access your store, I would just need to know first what the name of the theme is that you are using and where exactly you want to add this link so we can see what might be possible.

If you are referring to a part of the checkout flow, then this would not be code-editable so you would need to look at other options.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MedsyCare
Excursionist
38 0 5

Hi @Don,

The link works fine for me, maybe try again? https://vitalcatz.com/ 

or can be https://vital-catz.myshopify.com/ 

I am using Debutify 2.0.2 theme.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again @MedsyCare!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that link, I can access your site on either of those domains okay now!

I proceeded to add a product to the cart, headed to the checkout and I tested clicking on your store logo there which brought me back to the homepage okay:

20-04-gbt4p-cgmee

Is that what you were looking to be able to do, and if so, can you do this from your end there okay?

If not, could you just let me know what it is you wanted and where so we can check that out instead?

Regards,

Don

MedsyCare
Excursionist
38 0 5

Hi @Don,

That's strange it works now. Hah. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

Perfect!

As long as it works okay for you now and you are happy to proceed from here.

Would you just recently have set this store up or have you been selling already for a while there?

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
MedsyCare
Excursionist
38 0 5

Hi @Don,

Just set the store up about 2 weeks ago, still some small things that are bugging me.

Like the alignment of the text "Shockingly Addictive" on the home page on the image overlay with text is forced to centre align (but i want it left aligned).

I must have adjust the code which made all body text to be centre aligned but i dont know how to fix it now.

Would you have any ideas?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

Hi again @MedsyCare!

Don from Shopify once again.

Could you let us know the name of the theme being used in your store currently so we can check this out?

How you will be able to get support for a theme will depend on if it is a free Shopify theme or a paid, third-party theme.

The free Shopify themes are supported by us here at Shopify and all others would be supported by their developers.

If you can let us know the name of your current theme we can check out how you will be able to get support for this moving forward.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
eugeneoei
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @Don ,

I would also like my logo on the checkout page to be clickable and be routed back to my homepage. Is the clickable logo link only applicable if I am using a theme?

My setup is different. I am not using a theme at all. Instead, what I have is a complete custom front-end that gets products from Shopify through the Storefront API. The workaround I have is to use the Additional scripts under Settings > Checkout to target the image element and attach a click event to it. However, this does not seem to propagate across all stages of the checkout process, but only after payment has been made successfully.

In the preview of the checkout page, the logo is actually a clickable link. But in the live checkout page, the logo is not clickable at all.

My custom front-end is not hosted on Shopify and my Shopify store name is collaro-classic-menswear.myshopify.com if these help to clarify in any ways.

Hope you will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Regards,
Eugene Oei

0 Likes
eugeneoei
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @Don ,

I would also like my logo on the checkout page to be clickable and be routed back to my homepage. Is the clickable logo link only applicable if I am using a theme?

My setup is different. I am not using a theme at all. Instead, what I have is a complete custom front-end that gets products from Shopify through the Storefront API. The workaround I have is to use the Additional scripts under Settings > Checkout to target the image element and attach a click event to it. However, this does not seem to propagate across all stages of the checkout process, but only after payment has been made successfully.

In the preview of the checkout page, the logo is actually a clickable link. But in the live checkout page, the logo is not clickable at all.

My custom front-end is not hosted on Shopify and my Shopify store name is collaro-classic-menswear.myshopify.com if these help to clarify in any ways.

Hope you will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Regards,
Eugene Oei

0 Likes