Making my first sale

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, I’ve been running a store for a few weeks now. My current ad campaign has brought the most traffic so far, yet I haven’t made my first sale. I’m just wondering if there’s a stand out reason, or any advice anyone can give to help get me off the mark? Thanks.

Excitliafitness.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 28 47

Hi @Lcourtney7

Hyde here from Shopify.

It's great that you've got your store up and running, and even got as far as creating a paid ad campaign.

What you've noticed, however, is that customers are drawn in by your campaign but are not completing the funnel through to conversion. We’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

You'll also want to consider your marketing funnel and content. It's a common recommendation of mine on these forums because all too often not enough attention is paid to content.

Content is KING (or Queen) when it comes to selling your product. Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

- 3 strategies for improving user experience 

- eCommerce - UX

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- Marketing to millennials

So you'll want to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Three ways to do this are:

1. Create an "About Us" and "Contact Us" page for your store to encourage trust from your customers!
    Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!
  2. Create blogs this is super important and here's why.
  3. Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes