Malware detected on my site

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, my site is https://powercleanbc.ca/ and I am trying to run Google Ads, however Google says that this link is somewhere on my site: https://app.rexgift.com/ajax.php?q=https://powercleanbc.ca/pages/power-washing&cdnref=https://www.go...

How can I find this an what are the steps I need to take to fix this? I deleted all apps just in case. 

Someone please help!

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2905 211 471

Hi @griffone6,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what theme you are using? The reason I ask is that if you are using a free Shopify developed theme then I could have our theme support team take a closer look at where this might be. If you are using a paid third-party theme then your best bet would be to reach out to the developer directly as they would know the theme and code on their theme best. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Same issue here... Debut theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2905 211 471

Hi @justbite,

Similar to what @griffone6 said they did, would you be able to remove/ uninstall any apps which you aren't using and then try again and see if that fixes it for you. If you do remove the apps and nothing changes, can you let me know in a reply here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Nick 

I currently have 12 apps running, but none of them are unused. 

I can't say when the issue exactly appeared, so I don't know which of the apps could possibly be the cause. 

What's your advice? Removing them one by one and see if anything changes could be a way to debug, but to be honest, I don't want to reconfigure them all one by one... 

K.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2905 211 471

I completely understand that @justbite.

In this case, our team will need to take a closer look at this for you. It will require us to verify a few details from your account. To do this we would need to move the conversation to email for privacy reasons. Is the best email to reach you on the one you signed up to the community with? If not could you reply with the best one to reach you on please. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Nick 

Yes, the email is the one to use. But someone from Shopify already looked at it, but could not provide a solution yet.
I'd appreciate you look into it again, but it has to do with the Shopify platform (our website) and I guess not on Google side. 

K.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2905 211 471

Hi @justbite,

I just took a look and saw that our higher level support team replied to you about this. You are already talking to the correct team about this via email and your best bet would be to reply to them directly if you have any other questions about anything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

can you Help finding rexgift.com in my empire theme. Google confirmed via phone its malware of rexgift stopping my ads

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2905 211 471

Hi @mmdart,

This could be a multiple of different things and it's very difficult to find out what and where this is. I'm personally not an expert in coding by any means, therefore, I may not be able to help pinpoint exactly where the extra code is coming from. I do know this can be quite common with certain apps being installed. Are there any apps you installed recently which you noticed this from afterward? 

Someone else had a similar problem to you where it was resolved in another thread and could point you in the right direction which you can read here

You also mentioned you are using the Empire theme which was developed by Pixel Union a third-party developer. It would definitely be worth your while reaching out to them about this as they would know the code of their themes better than anyone else and could help you identify what might be causing this. You can reach out to the team at Pixel Union directly here

I hope this helps!

0 Likes