Why isn't manage payment showing in my Shopify basic plan?

prince_bayan
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I need to add multiple currencies to my Shopify website, and this can be done from payments -> manage payment.

Unfortunately, the manage payment is not showing in the payments section (Settings -> payments), also to consider that I am registered to the Basic Plan, I don't know if this is the issue but please I need your support. 

Thank you,

Replies 10 (10)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @prince_bayan 

Hope you're having a great day!

Please, hit this section in your store and tell me what you see.

prince_bayan
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Michal17 , 

I see the payment providers only , but there is nothing related to manage payment, for example I need to configure fraud protect but it is not found in the payment page. is this related to the Basic Plan that I have subscribed to? I mean maybe the basic plan does not support the manage payment settings? 

Thank you.

ESSuperCo
Shopify Partner
31 1 5

Hi @prince_bayan ,

In order to enable Multi Currency in your payment settings you should be using Shopify Payment. If you are using another payment gateway I high suggest using an app. Though using an app would mean the currency at checkout will not change. 

If you can provide us your Shopify URL and your location it would he

Frictionless Shopify development, design & administration
We design and build customer experiences for ambitious high-growth brands.
ESSuperco | superco.io
prince_bayan
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @ESSuperCo ,

Thanks for your support, but I just need to check why the manage payment section is not shown?

Regards, 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @prince_bayan

Hilary here from Shopify. As @ESSuperCo mentioned, you must be using for Shopify Payments in order to enable multiple currencies on your store. You can view our Shopify Payments requirements if you are unsure. 

If you eligible for Shopify Payments, and it is enabled as your payment gateway, then you can enable multiple currencies. This is available for the Basic plan. The steps are detailed in how to add multiple currencies. Below are the steps to finding the manage payment button, and how to add your chosen currencies: 

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
2. Head to Settings > Payments
3. In the Shopify Payments section, click Manage
Below is screenshot: 

27-09-14058-36581

4. Scroll down to Countries / Regions and click Add country/region
5. Select the countries / regions you wish to add, and click Add country/region

After you have added the countries/regions, ensure that you add a country selector so your customers can choose their country or region from a dropdown list. Our recommended app for this is Shopify's Geolocation app

I'll also share our Ultimate Guide to Selling Globally from our blog. It has some great advice including how to select your markets, setting up your taxes and shipping, marketing tactics, and more. 

Let us know how this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

prince_bayan_1
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello @Hilary 

it is me Amir Bayan (but from another account).

Thanks for your support, although I have configured Paypal payment. so now if I want to use Shopify Payments I must remove Paypal payment and then I can check the Manage payments from shopify Payments ? 

Thank you 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for your reply and questions. Both PayPal and Shopify Payments can be enabled at the same time. 

To activate Shopify Payments, if you are eligible, you can head to Settings > Payments and click Activate Shopify Payments. There is more about setting up Shopify Payments on our Help Center. 
Below is a screenshot: 

29-47-79568-77572

Once Shopify Payments has been activated, you can then follow the steps listed in my previous reply to add multiple currencies. You will not need to remove PayPal as a payment option! 

If you are still having troubles, when you go to Settings > Payments if you could share a screenshot of what you see, this would be very helpful. Please make sure to not include any private information in the screenshot. 

prince_bayan_1
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello Hilary,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below the screenshot of the Payments page. The Shopify payments section is not showing in any place, how can I enable it?  

prince_bayan_1_0-1627624609576.png

Thank you 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for the screenshot. From what you have sent, it looks like you are not eligible to use Shopify Payments at this time. If you are not seeing the option in the Payments section of your admin, this means you are not eligible. 

Have you read through our Shopify Payments eligibility requirements list in our Help Center? If you believe you meet these requirements, and are not aware of any reason why Shopify Payments is not available to you, the next step is to reach out to our Support team directly to find out more. At this time we can't provide account-specific support via the Community. Our Support team would be happy to look into your account in detail via live chat, email or callback request. 

That being said, if you are not eligible, or have lost eligibility previously, then our Support team will not be able to assist with activating Shopify Payments. Since you're already using PayPal as your main payment gateway, you may not wish to look into other options. However, just in case, our list of available payment gateways is here

As for selling in multiple currencies without Shopify Payments, there is a great topic with some detailed thoughts and suggestions linked here already posted in the Community. I recommend reading through this thread. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

prince_bayan_1
Tourist
3 0 0

Also, how can I enable it from the payment gateway?