Managing Shopify Domains

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

If I want to close my Shopify store, I have several domains that I registered within my account that I would like to keep. Can I still manage those domain names after closing my store? If so how?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 41 104

Hi, @yellowlawn!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Before you close your Shopify store, it's a good idea to transfer out any domains you wish to keep. Where did you originally purchase your domain? If you have a custom domain that you bought through Shopify, then you can transfer it to another provider. Some popular options include GoDaddy, Namecheap, and Bluehost.

Alternatively, If you have a custom domain that you bought through a third-party, then you can remove it from your store using your Shopify admin. Once removed, you can then continue to manage your domain through the provider it was originally purchased from. 

May I ask why you are closing your store? If you're needing to take some time to step away, you could consider pausing your store until you are ready to continue selling. This will give you some time to continue working on your store and create a business plan so you can re-launch with a solid marketing strategyIf you are facing any roadblocks, I'd also be happy to offer some guidance. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes