Manually Enter an Order

Tourist
10 0 2

How do I manually enter an order?

We have an ecommerce site and a bricks and mortar store running Shopify POS. When customers require special shipping or handling, we have them call us directly with their order, and then we need to enter it into the system so that the products come out of inventory and the order get accounted for in quickbooks.

How is this done?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi Brian, 

I had the same issue with our site when customers would call up and want to do an order over the phone. There were two solutions that we used to overcome this: 

1) We came up with a dummy account that our team would sign in to and complete the order while on the phone with the customer. we would change the shipping and billing address with each order and receive their billing information over the phone and enter it live. 

2) We upgraded to run our store with Stitchlabs inventory management system. That allows us to monitor orders and inventory from multiple channels (shopify, amazon, ebay, etc) and then we can manually enter orders from our customers online. It will also support your inventory issue and can be exported to quickbooks (a feature i don't use). 

Take a look!

David

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks for the insight. I had thought about the dummy account solution, but it is not exactly ideal.

I have stitch integrated at the moment—can you manually enter an order in stitch?

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Yeap! And we use the Stripe integration so we can take a credit card right then. Unfortunately their system is slow so I like to take the information down, generate the order, and then call them back when i'm ready to process their card. 

On the top right of the orders page is a button '+ Order' to add a new order. 

David

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
75 0 0

I'd also like to chime in and mention that our connector will help in this situation as well, helping to sync Shopify with your POS and accounting system (QuickBooks) to help keep inventory, orders and all data in sync. This would help you to integrate your online store with your brick an mortar. You can read more on our site or if you have questions, just let me know: https://www.nchannel.com/connectors/shopify/

Mollie

nChannel

http://www.nChannel.com - Shopify Integration (POS, ERP, Accounting, Amazon, eBay, QuickBooks)
0 Likes
3 0 0

I am using Teapplix for my shipping, Quickbooks integration and inventory management, all in one. They can automatically download orders from my website, and also allow me to manually create orders. Once the orders are in my teapplix account (automatica or manual),  they are processed all the same for shipping label, downloading to Quickbooks and inventory auto-deduct.  So the good part is that once I sold an item over the phone, the new item quantity will be sync-ed to my my website quickly.

0 Likes