Manually sorting product order in collections not working

ilz777
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

can someone help me fix the manual sorting of products from collections? It shows fine when I drag & drop in shopify, but when i check it on safari or chrome or other browers, it doesn't show the updated order of products. Can someone tell me what's the matter pls? Here is the link: https://beach2bar-malta.myshopify.com/admin/collections/158751260806

Thanks
Ilona

Replies 41 (41)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @ilz777!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

I'm happy to help look into this with you! It looks like you've added a link to your post which leads to a page in your admin. Since that page requires access to your account to view, I'm not able to see what you're referring to. To get a better idea of what's going on here, could you please send me a screenshot of your collection in the admin showing the order of products, as well as a screenshot of the same collection on the live site to show the discrepancy? 

I also have a few troubleshooting steps for you to take which may resolve this issue without any further digging. It's possible that when previewing your live site you're seeing cached information on your browser, causing it to appear that your product re-ordering is not going live. Here are some steps that may help clear this up: 

• Check your browser for updates and complete any available
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies
  • Preview your collection in an incognito/private browsing window
  • Try an alternate browser, and complete the above steps again

Hopefully those steps can resolve the issue, but if not, I'm happy to take a closer look! Please reply here and let me know how this goes for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ilz777
Tourist
10 0 1

Nope, doesn't work! Not even from safari on my iPhone.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @ilz777!

Thank you for following up with me. Just to confirm, did you complete all of the troubleshooting steps listed in my previous post, and then continue to experience the same issue afterwards? Also, could you please reply back here and send over the screenshots I mentioned in my original reply?

The screenshots I'd like to see are; one of your collection in the admin showing the order of products, as well as a screenshot of the same collection on the live site to show the discrepancy.

Once I have those screenshots, I should be able to get a better idea of what is going on here. Looking forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this! 

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

HI I am having the same problem, very frustrating! can you help?

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Need help, can’t sort manual collections it keeps reverting back to previous order 

danielaUH
Visitor
2 0 2

yes i have the same problem.
I have organized my products on the collections page (in the correct order) but its not reflected when I go to my site.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @danielaUH and @paversengland!

Ash here from the Shopify team! Welcome to the Shopify Community and to the thread. 

I understand you're experiencing some issues with the re-ordering products on your manual collections. Firstly, I posted some troubleshooting steps above in this thread. Please complete those steps and try re-ordering your products again, and if the issue persists, you can reply here to let me know. For quick reference, here are the steps to try: 

• Check your browser for updates and complete any available
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies
  • Preview your collection in an incognito/private browsing window
  • Try an alternate browser, and complete the above steps again

If these steps don't resolve the issue, when you reply back here could you please include some screenshots showing the order of the products in your collection on the admin side vs the live site? This way I can get a full idea of the problem before determining the best next steps.

Looking forward to hearing back and continuing to assist!

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Will try your advice and let you know, thanks for responding 🙂

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Hi Tried the above, first page stayed with the manual changes, subsequent pages have now changed their order and are not following my manual adjustments?

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

the collection has completely reset again, very frustrating 

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

No point sharing the screen shot even the manual selection has reverted back, if there was an emoji I'd be shrugging my shoulders

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

I've just updated Manual selectionI've just updated Manual selectionLet's see if it changes in an hourLet's see if it changes in an hour

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Collection has changed againCollection has changed againCan you shine some light on this problemCan you shine some light on this problem

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

HI, Still the same problem with manual function, any other idea's?

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Hi, I just spent 5 hours reorganising my collections on Safari browser this time as opposed to Google and Guess what, All my work has reset from my manual creation to a completely different order, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP there must be some setting or something as there seems to be a lot of others with the same problem, I am losing sales big time because of this issue HELP!!!

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @paversengland!

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional information and the screenshots. So it sounds like in your case, the collection order is reverting on the admin end as well as the live site. This is definitely an odd situation, and I'd like to get a closer look at your shop and so some troubleshooting on my end. I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email, and once you've been authenticated I can dig in deeper for you. 

Looking forward to hearing back!

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6
Hi,

I'd really appreciate your help as I'm sure it's something simple but it's
driving me crazy,

Thanks

Keith
paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Any joy?

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @paversengland!

Ash here again. 

At this time I don't have any updates yet, but I see that our team is currently investigating this further in the email ticket we started together. As soon as we have some more information on whats causing the issue with the manually sorted collections, and/or a solution to implement, we'll follow up with you via email in that open ticket. I hope to see this resolved for you shortly, and feel free to reach back out if there's anything else you need assistance with in the mean time. 

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6
Hi Ash,

Thanks for your email, let's hope we can resolve soon,

Many thanks

Keith.
danielaUH
Visitor
2 0 2

I have the exact same problem.

The order of products I have manually made in the collection isnt being reflected on the site. 

i've followed the tips outlined so far in this thread, but nothing is working. 

Can you please advise

EmmaCH
Visitor
2 0 1

Yes, I have the same issue too.

BlessingOnline
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, Ash

I'm facing the same problem & tried all the steps you stated before and still having this issue!

I'll add my screenshots below:

BlessingOnline_0-1616488714404.png

BlessingOnline_1-1616488735706.png

Thank you in Advance!

Burgerland
Visitor
1 0 0

No matter how I choose to display my collection of burgers, it always appears A-Z on the https://burgerlandsmashup.com/collections/all page.

Tried the troubleshooting advice on previous posts to no avail. Looking for help

scott_link
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello I am having the same sorting problem despite undergoing the trouble shooting steps above.

Could some one help me with this?

GreatOutdoorsCo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

We're having exactly the same problem. This has only started happening in the past few days.

Has there been any update from the @Shopify devs?

Cheers

Paul

hpwhite11
Tourist
3 0 0

I am having the same problem for a few days now. I manually sort the collection, then i refresh my browser and what is shown on the collections back end does not reflect. It's all out of what. Then.. when i refresh the collections back end page, it doesn't register there either. Super frustrating as something which was once instant now becomes time consuming. I have tried the trouble shoot solutions list below. Sill nothing, i have to keep trying and refreshing over again until it finally works.

rawalarm
Tourist
9 0 1

Having this issue too. Products don't even budge... All the troubleshooting steps illustrated above were tried.

amitsamtani
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Having the same issue. When creating a collection you can create a Manual Collection or an Automated Collection type. 

I am able to manually sort a Manual Collection type.

I am unable to manually sort an Automated Collection type. The option to manually sort an Automated Collection is there and it looks perfect in the Shopify admin. Unfortunately, this is not reflected in the frontend.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

amitsamtani
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Ok, ignore that last message. You can definitely sort an Automated Collection type. 

Make sure you have all the products active and in the online store sales channel. 😁

violetskies
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having this issue as well

ivan_ba
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello! 

I have the same issue. Tips for trouble-shooting didn't work. 

See screenshot, product number 6. When looking up in browser, this product goes all the way to the last place (on the 2nd page).

Website link: https://ivanbaryshnikov.com/collections/all 

Hope you can help me with that. 

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 23.03.02.png

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6
Hi,
I haven't had any luck with the same.
stylemykid
Visitor
2 0 13

Hi,

I had this problem too and managed to fix it by changing the title of the collection to something different. When saved it updated the collection to the correct order. I then went back in and changed the title to what it was previously and the new order was still there.

Hope this helps!

Dan

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6
Hi Dan, I'll try that thanks...
paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6

Tried that and the collection reverted back to previous order, any other ideas welcome

ivan_ba
Tourist
8 0 2

Hey! 

I figured it out for myself at the end.

1) I deleted the collection "All"

2) Cleaned cache of the browser

3) Created new collection "All"

4) Added all the products, put them in the right order I want

5) When finished the order process, I refreshed the page of the browser

It worked for me.

paversengland
Excursionist
17 0 6
Has it stayed in order?

SantiagoCirco
Shopify Partner
9 1 1

Still no official solution for this problem? In my case the products are being sorted from A to Z instead of the manual order that we stablished. 

Jodiwalker
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello! I seem to be having the same problem 3 years after the original poster. I spend ages reordering manually and it doesn't update on the site ( even after a different browser/cleared cache/ incognito etc) . I then have to use an automated setting, such as  order by newest for it to update and then redo the work to reorder 

Purpose7175
Visitor
1 0 0

1000038535.jpg

 Make sure you set publishing date and time!!! I was having the same issues and accidentally happened upon this solution. Hope this helps others with the same problem:-) God bless!