Manually sorting product order in collections not working

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi,

can someone help me fix the manual sorting of products from collections? It shows fine when I drag & drop in shopify, but when i check it on safari or chrome or other browers, it doesn't show the updated order of products. Can someone tell me what's the matter pls? Here is the link: https://beach2bar-malta.myshopify.com/admin/collections/158751260806

Thanks
Ilona

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
273 23 39

Hey, @ilz777!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

I'm happy to help look into this with you! It looks like you've added a link to your post which leads to a page in your admin. Since that page requires access to your account to view, I'm not able to see what you're referring to. To get a better idea of what's going on here, could you please send me a screenshot of your collection in the admin showing the order of products, as well as a screenshot of the same collection on the live site to show the discrepancy? 

I also have a few troubleshooting steps for you to take which may resolve this issue without any further digging. It's possible that when previewing your live site you're seeing cached information on your browser, causing it to appear that your product re-ordering is not going live. Here are some steps that may help clear this up: 

• Check your browser for updates and complete any available
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies
  • Preview your collection in an incognito/private browsing window
  • Try an alternate browser, and complete the above steps again

Hopefully those steps can resolve the issue, but if not, I'm happy to take a closer look! Please reply here and let me know how this goes for you. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Nope, doesn't work! Not even from safari on my iPhone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
273 23 39

Hey, @ilz777!

Thank you for following up with me. Just to confirm, did you complete all of the troubleshooting steps listed in my previous post, and then continue to experience the same issue afterwards? Also, could you please reply back here and send over the screenshots I mentioned in my original reply?

The screenshots I'd like to see are; one of your collection in the admin showing the order of products, as well as a screenshot of the same collection on the live site to show the discrepancy.

Once I have those screenshots, I should be able to get a better idea of what is going on here. Looking forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes