Mark as paid >> automatic confirmation email

Highlighted
2 0 1

We get quite a fair number of bank transfer payments and because we don't send out the item always on the same day, or if the payment comes on a Friday, we will not ship the item for several days. For this I would like to send the customer an automatic confirmation email that we received his bank transfer payment, in the moment I click the "Mark as paid" button.

Does someone has an idea how we can make this work?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey Frank, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I can definitely see how notifying your customers once you've captures payment on their order would be a good addition to the type of business you have. In this case, I would recommend using an app! Apps are like extra features you can add to your store.

There are a couple of apps in our App Store that will let you send out custom notification emails, however it looks like the app Notifications by eShopAdmin, would help here! That said, this app is a third party app, meaning that it wasn't created by Shopify. Your best bet to find out more about it would be to contact the app's developers directly. You can contact them using the information on their apps page. That way you can find out for sure if it will do exactly what you need :) 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Ann,

thanks a lot for your reply!

Do you think one of these third party app can be linked to the "Mark as paid" button shown in the order in Shopify?

Regards

Frank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey Frank, 

It does look like that might be a feature, however, like I mentioned before, these apps are third party, meaning that they weren't created by Shopify. That makes it hard for me to say for sure, however, if you reach out to the developers directly (using the contact information on their page), they can help clear that up! 

If it turns out they can't, you can get a custom app built for you by a developer! That way you can be sure that the app will do exactly what you need it to do! Check out a list of experts here

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks Ann for your reply!

We tried the app "Sufio", but you can't send out the email notification over the "Mark as paid" button without the invoice attached and also it's not possible to desgin the email from "Sufio" like we need it. The VAT validation comes only with the business plan for $49, otherwise in the $19 plan the invoice shows indeed the VAT number, but still doesn't remove the VAT amount from the total price in the invoice. So in the end, that doesn't work for us.

We will start to try out now the app Notifications by eShopAdmin you recomented and also add the app "Exemptify" for the VAT validation. I hope we get away with these two apps for just $5 each.

I will keep this post up to date.

Best regards

Frank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Ann,

So, shopify can't provide email notifications when orders change to paid ?

Because many customer want to know about their order status..

How to add feature to notification customer, when their order was paid (before shipping) ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 1 11

BUMP

@killingthegame wrote:

Hello Ann,

So, shopify can't provide email notifications when orders change to paid ?

Because many customer want to know about their order status..

How to add feature to notification customer, when their order was paid (before shipping) ?

Thanks

THIS

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys.

I am using Zapier for this.

It is really simple to use.

Indeed I am searching for a different solution once I am paying 20 dollar a month (shopify is a Premium app and there are no free plans for premium apps) just for this single need and I would like to avoid that.

But it works really good and is really simple to confirgure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
131 7 31

Arigato can do this easily. If you're on a basic Shopify plan it's only $5 and can do about a million other things too. It's also native to Shopify so it has access to hundreds of data points. See also https://apps.bonify.io/mr-arigato-task-automator-for-shopify

I made a quick workflow for you and added it to the library. You can grab it in the app or from here. https://www.apps.bonify.io/arigato-automation-shopify/workflows/email-customer-when-order-marked-pai...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

@JohnAtBonify wrote:

Arigato can do this easily. If you're on a basic Shopify plan it's only $5 and can do about a million other things too. It's also native to Shopify so it has access to hundreds of data points. See also https://apps.bonify.io/mr-arigato-task-automator-for-shopify

I made a quick workflow for you and added it to the library. You can grab it in the app or from here. https://www.apps.bonify.io/arigato-automation-shopify/workflows/email-customer-when-order-marked-pai...

Hi @JohnAtBonify 

I noted the $5 for the basic plan in your reply.

However it would seem the price for basic plan is $15/month (with limitations) in the link you inserted.

Could you please advise where I find the $5 plan. 

Thank you.

/Brian

0 Likes