Hey Zach, well done on your new store. Seems like you haven't decided which avenue for traffic you're planning to take? In my mind, there are a few options. But you really need to decide where you want to dedicate most of your time between:
Both have their advantages, but as a new store owner, I recommend focusing on free traffic sources if you want to build a long-term sustainable brand. Here's why:
What are the best free traffic sources? I recommend Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and even Reddit if you're smart.
if you post valuable content, and the key is VALUE, eventually your audiences will find you and start showing interest in your brand. If you're in the fitness niche, you should be posting free fitness advice at least 3x a day. If you're in skincare, you can create infographics, do product reviews, or ingredients analysis. Just make sure you provide value without asking anything in return if you want to gain their trust.
Using free traffic sources takes more time, but in the end you'll gain more trust in the marketplace and get more knowledge of your niche that will put you head and shoulders above the competition.
Also, if you haven't noticed, consumers tend to avoid paid ads these days. Creating a community of free content on social platforms is a great way to cut through the noise and get your customers attention.
I agree with Tony. Inshort,
The key is Value.
You got to figure out two things:
1. Where your audience hangs out the most? ( Reddit, Pinterest, Instagram .. ? or somewhere else? )
2. How you can provide value? Once you deliver and they trust you, they can buy from you.
Exact strategy depends on your niche and products. But dont mess Paid Traffic without figuring out the above two.
There is also a Fast Track Hack , but as I said , I need to know your niche first.
There is no such thing as free traffic or free marketing. SEO has a cost and that is the time you invest in it or invest in PR or any marketing channel. Your time has a cost and value... because you could be doing something else for your business vs investing that time into marketing. If you have the cash then I would invest in paid ads because you are likely to see a faster return on your invested time then doing other forms of marketing.
When our clients are looking to do paid ads. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook.
Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.
Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.
Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.
Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @montrell1986 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
2. While clicking on your social plugins, its opening at the same page. I would suggest that this opens up at a new tab, so that your customers still remain in your website.
3. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)
I hope this helps!
A well strategic marketing plan can do wonders for your plan. In today's fast-paced world, keeping up with current marketing trends can be difficult. Marketing is one of the most important strategies in today's world because it allows companies to build long-term and consistent relationships with their target audiences. It's a long-term strategy that helps businesses grow and build a stronger brand image. It entails customer engagement, which is at the heart of any successful business, particularly small ones.
Here are some of the most effective marketing strategies for accelerating your company's growth: