Marking Products as "Coming Soon"

april1
1 0 0

I have looked around and have not had much luck with finding a complete answer, perhaps because I am new to Shopify. I am customizing the Debut theme and want to change the words "Sold Out" to "Coming Soon", So far I have managed to change it when you click on the product itself (https://www.myfavebag.com/products/the-umbrella) but I cannot figure out how to change it on the thumbnail (https://www.myfavebag.com/collections/all/the-brelly). Can you let me know where I might check so I can fix it?
Thanks!

0 Likes
Alexa4
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 13

Hi there, April!

Alexa here with the Shopify team.

To change the words "Sold out" to "Coming soon" you can visit Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit language and in the search query, type in "Sold out". You'll want to change the "Sold out" under the category Products/ Products. 

I hope you found this helpful! Let us know if we can further assist you in any way.

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
0 Likes
patrickhitches
1 0 0

Hello there,

I've tried to do just this but am having no luck in getting the wording to change from "Sold out" to "Coming Soon". Please advise!

Our website is https://eloros.com

Thank you!

Patrick

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 88 136

Hi, @patrickhitches.

Helen here from Shopify Support, and I’m here to help!

I am going to first thoroughly illustrate below the steps to take to make this change, to be sure it is being applied to the correct setting.

Go to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages’ as seen below:

20-03-uxlnn-w5ypt

Once in the language settings, go to the Products tab. It should look something like this:

20-03-i88br-xkq1e

And then scroll down to the Product section and edit the ‘Sold Out’ box to say ‘Coming Soon’ here:

20-03-2b5cd-tges1

Lastly, don’t forget to click SAVE on the top right hand side of the page:

20-03-zmdj3-6d2k1

Please confirm that these are the steps you have taken. If the changes are still not taking effect, let me know and we’ll get to the bottom of this!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MidnightHare
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same.  I've followed all the steps but the changes aren't appearing on my website.  How long do you normally have to wait to see them live?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 88 136

Hey, @MidnightHare

The changes should take effect immediately, so let’s figure out what’s going on here. In order to troubleshoot further, please reply back with answers to the following questions:

• Which theme are you using?
  • Have you had any code customizations done to your theme at all? 
  • Are you using any third party apps that affect your product pages?

Let me know, and I’m happy to work through this with you. 

0 Likes
Raisa_27
7 0 0

Hi Alex,

Your suggestion works, but how can we remove the Price? 

Thanks 

Raisa

0 Likes
Raisa_27
7 0 0

Hi Helen, 

Your suggestion works but how can we remove the price? 

Thank you! 

Raisa 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 88 136

That’s great, @Raisa_27! I’m glad to hear you were able to change the wording of your ‘Sold Out’ button to ‘Coming Soon’.

Are you wanting to hide the prices on all of your products? Or just the ones that are ‘Sold Out/Coming Soon’?

There is a tutorial here with the steps to edit the coding of your theme in order to hide all of your product prices. However, if you are wanting to hide just the 'Sold Out/Coming Soon’ ones, then this will require some assistance.

Which theme are you using? If it’s a free Shopify-made theme, then I’m happy to escalate the customization request to our theme department for you. However, if your theme is made by a third party, then I recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert, and they’ll be able to implement this for you. 

Let me know, and we can proceed as needed!

0 Likes
Raisa_27
7 0 0
Hi Helen,

Good day and thank you for the below response.

We are using grid theme for our website & yes we will just be using it to hide prices of products coming soon/sold out.
0 Likes