Solved

Can't mark orders as paid on Worldpay after admin upgrade, why?

Amandagos
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi

Since the admin upgrade today, we have been unable to mark a payment as paid on an order where payment is taken outside of the shopify site.    We use Worldpay. Any ideas why it has changed?  

A

Accepted Solution (1)
Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Amandagos!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've had a look and I'm not able to replicate this issue. This is likely due to me not being able to test with WorldPay. So what I will do is send you an email. In the email, I've requested some information including a screen recording of where the button has disappeared. Once I've got that I'll be able to have a chat with our support team to see if we can get to the bottom of this and hopefully add the button back in for you if it's been removed in error.

Keep an eye out for the email shortly and I'll chat with you there soon.

Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

HSShop
Tourist
3 0 1

Sorry - deleting this reply, and started a new post for this - sorry again!

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

Hi, @Amandagos!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around marking your orders as paid.

I want to make sure I understand the workflow correctly. Is WorldPay added into your payment providers in Settings > Payments? If so, when a customer pays via their platform, are they able to complete their purchases online, or do they need to contact you? If you've created an order from a draft, then you can also accept manual payments and ask for payment there.

If you do need to mark the order as paid as you're receiving it from another source, here's what you need to do.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
  2. Click the order you want to mark as paid.
  3. On the order details page, click Mark as paid.
  4. In the Mark as Paid dialog, click Mark payment as received.

You can see below how you can mark the order as paid from the order creation screen:

26-39-hcvvy-j4x67

And here's a screenshot of how it would look if you've submitted the order as pending:

26-38-q339o-091m8

The payment is marked as accepted on the order details page. The order is also marked as Paid on the Orders page. You'd need to sort out your payment being deposited to you via WorldPay.

Have you thought about using Shopify Payments as your payment processor? Shopify Payments is the simplest way to accept payments online. It eliminates the hassle of setting up a third-party payment provider or merchant account and having to enter the credentials into Shopify. With Shopify Payments, you're automatically set up to accept all major payment methods as soon as you create your Shopify store. This includes Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay and many more.

Using Shopify Payments reduces your costs, as you will no longer have to pay a fee for using a third-party payment provider. If Shopify Payments is active, you can still use other third-party platforms as well. If you'd like to find out more about the pricing and how Shopify Payments can benefit you, I recommend checking out the pricing guide and our list of Shopify Payments FAQ.

If you need a hand with anything else, please let me know!

Amandagos
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi Miles

Thank you for your reply.  That is what my screen used to show with the mark as paid button - which then brought up a dialogue box saying something like this payment is being paid elsewhere and can't be refunded via Shopify etc.  Since the admin upgrade, for credit card payments that button has gone.  For pending and other payments it is still there.  To explain, a customer places an order which is authorised but not captured as we don't take payment until despatch.  If an item is out of stock or made to order, then the authorisation period of 30 days expires and we are no longer able to capture within Shopify via the worldpay payment integration.  In this instance, we have to contact the customer again to take card details and then use the worldpay virtual terminal to take the payment.  We then go back into shopify to mark the payment as paid, to complete the order and fulfil.

We use Worldpay rather than shopify payments because shopify payment only allows authorisations for 7 days and we need longer.

If you can think of a better of doing it I am open to ideas!  or can we have our button back 🙂

Amanda 

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Amandagos!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've had a look and I'm not able to replicate this issue. This is likely due to me not being able to test with WorldPay. So what I will do is send you an email. In the email, I've requested some information including a screen recording of where the button has disappeared. Once I've got that I'll be able to have a chat with our support team to see if we can get to the bottom of this and hopefully add the button back in for you if it's been removed in error.

Keep an eye out for the email shortly and I'll chat with you there soon.

Thanks!