Marking orders as "Ready to ship" or "Ready to fulfill" as a Fulfilment status

Arundas
Shopify Partner
72 3 96

When orders are processed as Local delivery or Pickup, these orders can be marked as "Ready for delivery" or "Ready for pickup". Once the items have been delivered or picked up, then the order can be marked as "Delivered" or "Picked up" (thus archiving the order).

Can we have a similar status for orders that are processed as Shipping? Right now, once we get a shipped order, the only thing we can do is "mark as fulfilled". This will complete and archive the order. There's no intermediary step like "Ready for shipping", "Ready for fulfillment", "Ready to ship", "Ready to fulfill" etc. to indicate that the order's items have been prepared and packaged for shipping.

Being able to mark such a step would be really helpful to keep track of what orders have been prepared already and what still needs to be prepared. It will also be helpful to notify our customers that the item is now ready and about to go out for shipping.

If my reply helped you, please give it a Like and mark it as Accepted Solution.
Do you need help customizing your theme or editing code? Email me!
Replies 3 (3)

secondchancedec
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever get an answer on this? We are having an issue with that right now.  All our items are pick up only but only a few orders that come through have the "ready for pick up" button. The rest have the "fulfill order" button

glowcreativenz
Shopify Partner
15 1 5

This would be incredibly helpful for so many of my clients. Bumping this!

Ashleigh
Web Designer | Shopify Partner
Glow Creative

alconkits
Tourist
3 0 1

Old thread but responding for posterity.  I use tags for this and mark the order with "checked in" meaning I've reviewed it and sent it to the warehouse or dropshipper for fulfillment, but it has not yet shipped.