Massive Shopify Scam - Fake New Stores

3 0 1

After getting scammed I decided to do some research, coming up with a list of Shopify Scam Profiles all being used by the same scammer group. 

Scam Group List:

Removed

I have made Shopify aware of the problem, they told me that they cannot get me my money back since they are not responsible for operating this, but surely they flag these guys to never use their platform again?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1041 112 164

All stores are still live and doing fine :)

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
3 0 1
Are you part of the Scam?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
545 32 47

Hi @sandrz0,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened. 

As Shopify is the platform many shops use to build their website, we don’t manage inventory or ship orders ourselves so we wouldn't be able to refund the order. I'd recommend following the next steps mentioned here in our FAQ doc to get your money back. That said if we hear from cardholders our team will act on feedback especially if a shop is not operating as expected. Normally we would advise reporting a store under the "Malicious and Deceptive Practices" section here. I can see that you've been chatting with our Risk team directly who will review the list you have provided instead.

You will notice that I've removed the stores you have listed from this thread. The reason I've done this is because you may have listed innocent stores who may have experienced delayed shipping times. As these stores have been flagged by you already internally, we will act accordingly and I do thank you for flagging this with us.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. 

All the best,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes