Masterclass on Shopify | HELP

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

I would like to create a store on your platform for masterclasses online. That means I will have to create a "browse" page for customers to search for different masterclasses. After they found the desired masterclass, they will have to log in, place the Masterclass in the cart, pay for the Masterclass, and on the same website watch the full Masterclass. 

I suppose I need several hidden webpages for members only. 

Is it possible to do this on your platform? Can I upload videos with a total of 10 hours more or less per masterclass? I want to add dozens of masterclasses on the website. 

Thank you and looking forward to your reply! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Nobody? 😁😁😁

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there

Off the top of my head I'd say, yes, protecting content so only registered users who have purchased can view something on a product page. I'd have to dig around to see what Shopify's video/media storage limits look like, though it might be best to store your video content on YT and serve it on Shopify.

Cheers,

Gary.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Ok, I think I will have to store my videos on another platform since my videos altogether will need between 200 GB and 1 TB.

I was thinking Vimeo because nobody can share a private video on Vimeo like you can do on youtube with unlisted videos. 

If you have any advice for me that you think might be helpful, I would really appreciate. 

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

It sounds like you're looking for something pretty bespoke. There are apps which could probably achieve some of what you're looking for, and between a couple you'd possibly achieve your end goal. However, when it comes to bespoke solutions you might need bespoke development to create you the store solution which is fit for your purpose.

I would like to create a store on your platform for masterclasses online. That means I will have to create a "browse" page for customers to search for different masterclasses. After they found the desired masterclass, they will have to log in, place the Masterclass in the cart, pay for the Masterclass, and on the same website watch the full Masterclass.

Browse is just a collection of products with a couple of stills and a clear description of the product, I'd think. You can make accounts required on Shopify (look at the Checkout settings for accounts), and then you have two bits of information - registered users, and those who have purchased the product. I can see a possible list in the user's account of products they've paid for, which then have a password/secure link to the video content. I'm not familiar with how to protect content on Vimeo (yet), so not sure how you can prevent a customer from just emailing his mates with the URL and password. Embed in a page is probably a little harder to get past, if you're able to restrict the video on Vimeo from being accessed to a specific domain. Would need investigation.

I suppose I need several hidden webpages for members only.

That one's pretty straightforward - registered users can have access to specific pages only (small change to the page template required) - but anyone can register on Shopify without buying anything, so you're probably going to also need to have the checks above - registered user + specific product purchase grants access.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Great, 

I'll give it a try! 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Likes