Max Limit of a product per purchase

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! 

Is it possible to set different limits for the number of per purchase for each product?

My goal is it for example that the customer can buy a product 3 times per purchase.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 0 12

Hi there,

I'm Maggie, a Shopify Guru. :)

Great question! This is definitely possible with a few apps in our app store! Order Limit and Order Logic are great apps to look at. 

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact support 24/7.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
11 0 6

If the quantities limits are small, you can control quantity selection through variants.  This is a simple, liquid-only method.

• Create a new product template, say product.no-quantity.liquid.  Comment out the quantity controls in this template.  The quantity controls may be in a referenced section or form.
  • In the cart template, remove quantity controls.  You'll need the ability for customers to remove items.  So add a link to remove a line item and/or a link to clear the cart.
  • Then go to the products in the Shopify admin that you want to control quantity on.  Change the template to product.no-quantity.  And add a quantity variant with values for each of the allowed quantities.  You'll need to adjust the prices for the quantities greater than 1.

This is not a foolproof method as there is no validation/checking in the cart.  But it works well enough with honest customers in many situations.

Scott Austin
Owner of https://jadepuma.com
1 Like
Highlighted
11 0 0

I'm not sure this works? Because if you just keep adding the product to cart it will change the price total depending on the hidden value of the quantity right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

As usual, you need a third party app for a simple task.

7 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

Yeah, honestly, the amount of apps needed to setup things is getting out of hand. And these extra costs, 5-20 USD/ month. are not the end of the world if you have one or two apps. But when you need 10 of them you're starting to wonder if this is the right solution. 

Isn't there like an all-in-one app that has a lot of different solutions? That would be interesting and with a competitive price the developer would make a ton of money. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 9

Agreed.

Its getting  stupid, every time I look to enhance the CX customer experience on our stableofireland.com estore, 80% of the time i discover the same thing - not a baked in feature of Shopify.

So, yet another app. Yet another fee and yet another additional memory load on the store potentially slowing it down so affecting the CX experience and likely over time affecting transactions. 

6 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

Well, your website looks beautiful and it loaded very fast for me :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 5

Wow, Carlo, that is a very nice site :)

Out of curiosity, how many apps did you end up having to purchase, and/or how many hours of coding to get these results?

I completely agree with you about how frustrating it is to keep running into roadblocks at every turn. The fact Shopify is now Canada's #2 company just goes to show how desperate people are and will settle for a half-baked e-commerce solution. Maybe someday we'll get an Atlassian equivalent in the e-commerce space with product suites where it's mostly good-to-go, pricing that scales reasonably, and add-ons that actually provide extra functions, not the basics.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 9

Thanks for the +ive feedback on our online store.

Currently, evaluating apps and next steps.

0 Likes