Max Spend/Order Limit for Customers Using a Discount Code

6 0 0

Shopify gang,

Is there an option within Shopify itself (or an app) that limits the amount a customer can spend and/or the quantity of a product being ordered when using a discount code?

Example:

We decide to give a group of customers a 50% discount on their next order because of shipping delays. We don't want the customers ordering 100 of what we sell, just 1 to make up for it the delay. Customers, however, knowing this is an unusually large discount, decide to buy much more of the product at a big cost to our business.

Is there a solution to this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 5

Hello, Ben!

I'm Jason, a Guru here at Shopify!

This isn't inherently possible without the use of an app, but not to worry, we have just the app you need. I would suggest checking out MinMaxify.

Using this app in combination with the discount code settings themselves should allow you to set specific limits on price, as well as the max/minimum quantity of products that can be bought when using a discount code.

With MinMaxify, you should be able to define the minimum and maximum product and cart quantities for your orders, from the simple to complex! 

The app has a 14-day free trial, to begin with, and if you have any questions I would suggest reaching out to the app developers via support@minmaxify.com.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

Jason || Shopify

Jason
0 Likes
6 0 0

Thanks, Jason - appreciate the prompt reply.

Although, I'm not seeing the option to limit product/spend based on the use of a specific discount code.

I've reached out support at MinMaxify to see if they can help.

Cheers, Ben

0 Likes
6 0 0

Just to follow up, this is not a functionality of MinMaxify as per their response.

Any other ideas on how to do this? Maybe through code?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you ever find a solve for this? We are coming up against the same issue.

1 Like
3 0 0

Any other solutions to this? 

0 Likes
1 0 0

This functionality would be extremely helpful to us as well.  Below is an example of a promotion we would like to run:

Take 50% off any one item from the Widget collection.

I spoke with another Shopify user who runs this promotion and they just audit the orders and only ship the ones with a single unit or just ship one of the items on the order.  This is not the best workaround but they have had success with the promotion.  You have to communicate all of this in the offer verbiage.

0 Likes