Merge Customers

AllieRae
2 0 3

I definitely agree with this comment - would be great if it were a feature they were focused on building. So difficult to work around this!

AllieRae
2 0 3

OR if they use multiple credit cards as well! 

Tough_Traveler
Tourist
5 0 7

I wonder if this is a new feature that has only been rolled out for some Shopify users?  Our customers do not have a Merge button anyplace on their record.

0 Likes
begreen
2 0 4
Sounds like a misunderstanding. We do not have a merge button! But we really need one!
Vernon_Brown
1 0 4

Agreed! This seems like a very logical and useful aspect for business management. For as long as Shopify has been around, as big as they are, and for how many years it has specifically been asked for, it amazes me this still does not even seem to be on the list of things being worked on. 

Beverley_McNaug
1 0 3

It is a feature that should be part of the basic package. More and more I feel Shopify is lagging in providing value for money. I am seriously looking at other options. 

I agree that this is a much needed function.  I too am beginning to look at other options.  Shopify is taking too long to provide some of the simplest POS functions.

KristyCRA
1 0 2

Yes, the ability to merge would be very helpful. We have customers that input themselves with and without company names or with variations or use old email addresses and can't find all their orders. We would love to be able to help them simplify things.

makers18
Tourist
10 0 41

Please update us if you find something better.  I agree, this should be a basic function for customer management, and Shopify doesn't seem to have it as a priority.  This will ultimately be a deal breaker for us, as we grow and need to manage our database, so we can understand and service our loyal customers.

boostryan
1 0 1

Any update on this?  Customers using multiple emails makes it extremely hard to keep track of their orders and it would be nice be able to merge the customers so that we use the email they prefer while still showing the orders from both emails used.