Merge Customers

AlexaGJemima
1 0 3

We often get duplicates for one reason or another, but the most interesting I've found is when a customer pays with a card before I've added the customer to the cart and the card creates a new customer automatically, based on the name on the card. 

SarahFFW
1 0 9

Hi Rae,

Has any progress been made on this issue? It seems Shopify Merchants have been asking for this feature for years, some as far back as 2013. Our shop is a hybrid online/brick and mortar shop, and we're having to consider additional development of our own or leaving Shopify for a separate platform altogether to solve this problem since Shopify seems uninterested in doing so. Nearly every database company/system has a means to merge customers, even Quickbooks. Is there something I'm missing? Given the increase in fees over the years and continued requests for this one feature, one would think Shopify would place some kind of priority on this issue. 

daniellavoie
Tourist
7 0 4

Our shop is also impacted by that issue. Pretty much all scenarios evoke on this threads are valid to us.

daniquixote
1 0 7

Can't Shopify dedicate some development resources on this? Jeezuz you guys got rake in the profits from the pandemic but refuse to allocate time for features that customers are clearly asking for. Make sure the big wigs hear this.

This is much needed! I have some customers using different email addresses and need to merge them into one. Crazy this is not available.
harrisonw16
1 0 3

What happens is people simply mistype a letter in their email.

Example: Teera rather than Terra

Then they call in and say "Why haven't I gotten an email? I buy from you every month" and we cannot link the accounts. Most times it's customers who have bought 20+ times

makers18
Excursionist
11 0 59

We have faced the same issue, and it has negatively effected our communication with our customers and ability to see who our top customers are. 

george_d
2 0 1

+1

How is it possible that such a basic feature is not available? Especially since users have been begging for it? This is just another basic feature that Shopify has been promising for years, and that the competition has. How long do you think we will all ways before we jump ship?? I am dangerously close. I have a laundry list of thing I had to create workarounds for, or just give up on all together. This just may be the straw that broke that camel's back. I am sick of the empty promises.

Shopify admins, we all here need some ACTUAL ANSWERS OR ACTION ON THIS. Not empty promises. Give us a reason not to recreate our stores on Square. At this point I am willing to put in the work.

dragonsgarden
Tourist
4 0 5

This is one of the top posts on the board, and no staff member took the time to give any updates or replies since last year. Sad really.

0 Likes
Jye
1 0 0

Hi Rae, 

I was wanting to find out how I merged customers in my Shopify store and came upon this thread.

It appears that the issue has not been resolved for a number of years now and a number of people are still requesting it.

Being able to merge customers to keep all of their orders and history under the one profile seems to be a vitally important feature in order to understand what your customers have purchased from you when they purchased it how frequently they have purchased and therefore what to offer them next to meet their needs.

What are the next steps from here to have this feature added?

For example are there a certain number of complaints or requests that you need to see for this feature to be taken seriously or added or is it something that individual users can pay for perhaps if Shopify are not willing to make the update themselves?

Thanks very much in advance. 

Jye

0 Likes