Merge Shopify Admin Accounts

David_Preston
Shopify Partner
19 0 1

Hi there,

I have my own personal Shopify store and I also manage 2 separate stores which are owned by clients. 

I was once prompted on screen if I wanted to merge accounts, at the the time I didn't (stupid) but now I want to. 

How do I merge multiple admin accounts if possible?

Thanks,

David

_ Creative professional from Durban, South Africa.
0 Likes
Eli_Cymet1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
68 0 9

Hey there David!

Eli here from the Shopify guru team. I hate to question what you saw in any way, but I'm hoping to get a little more detail as to what you might mean. The reason I ask is because it is currently not (nor has it ever been) possible to merge 2 Shopify accounts and manage them from one backend. For security reasons involving the potential for different staff members in each store, this proves problematic to execute, and while it is a pain point we're aware of, it isn't currently a feature of the system.

Is it perhaps the case that you're referring to your Shopify Partners account, where you keep track of the clients you referred to Shopify? If so, I can always check with my partners team manager to see if there would have been a message related to bringing all your referrals under one umbrella account.

All the best, 

0 Likes
David_Preston
Shopify Partner
19 0 1

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the response. 

I cant remember word for word exactly what the message said, but I remember when I logged out of one account and into another I was prompted with a message like "would you like to merge this email address with this account" or something. 

Like the update on the iphone app, where you can switch accounts, I thought this is what it meant. 

So each .myshopify.com admin account is separate and must be logged in individually? 

_ Creative professional from Durban, South Africa.
0 Likes
dreamlife
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello i'm having a similar issue...

i purchased a domain under a shopify account which is no longer active. i'd like to get that domain for my active shopify account - how do i get my domain back? how do i move the domain i purchased from shopify under one account move into my other account? 

0 Likes
TheArchAffect
1 0 0

Hi, Eli! Are we able to merge developer accounts? I have recently discovered that I've created 2 under my personal business, and one under the agency that I work for. I'd like to remove the duplicate account and add my agency account to be managed under one login.

0 Likes