Merge two customer accounts into one

intransition197
1 0 1

Following we need this

Red_Stick_Spice
Trailblazer
155 0 51

What we need is real communications from @Shopify. If this feature is never going to happen, we just need to know so we can move on. The lack of communications from Shopify is actually worse than the lacking feature. 

Ive brought this up to support multiple times and its like reasoning with a child. It's a complete waste of time.

Please Shopify, participate in this conversation. As each year passes with no response from you, it frankly seems like you could care less what pains your customers deal with on a daily basis.

Spice. Sweet. Savory. Hot.
0 Likes
Rich_AGA_Tools
Tourist
3 0 8

Following this thread to see if Shopify will make this adjustments.

We are another merchant that needs this feature as some of our customers are automotive dealerships. When they order parts/tools from us, different people from different departments order these things. It would be nice to be able to merge their emails/accounts so they can track their order history.

Shopify, please make this adjustment.

Rob_Lent
Tourist
8 0 6

Good lord I can't even find an app to do this manually. 

Customers with misspelt names, emails, phones, etc --- we have 5 accounts for one person, and they REALLY need to be merged, and this happens a lot! Shopify, come on!

maevetk
Tourist
4 0 4

following as i too would like to be notified about this change when it happens 

Smoketronics
3 0 1

Following as well...

Rich_AGA_Tools
Tourist
3 0 8

I am a new merchant on shopify (1.5 years with them) and very new to their forum system.

How likely are they to read this and see the changes that we want made?

Maybe it's better to continually open a ticket with them regarding this matter. 

OceansAlive
2 0 7

How likely are they to read this and see the changes that we want made?

Well this thread started in 08-05-2015 and this feature has been requested pretty much every month for over 5 years.

Just to note, the original thread requesting the feature started in 2011 or 2012.  Getting Shopify to greater transparency on its log of features being developed and how it incorporates input from this message board from customers is entirely opaque at the moment.

I'd offer call your support person and start request greater transparency on both of these things.  

I have been for years, but I suspect it will take large numbers of requests to get Shopify's attention to the long neglected set of issues.

Dan

Rich_AGA_Tools
Tourist
3 0 8

As mentioned by @TheGameSteward , do your part and open a ticket to get the attention of developers. Follow up in 2-3 weeks to make sure it's getting looked at.

I just submitted a ticket and hopefully will get us going.