Merge two customer accounts into one

1 0 0

NEED THIS ASAP

0 Likes
1 0 0

Shopify really needs to start being more receptive and RESPONSIVE to their client's needs. I have made several requests and suggestions in just the last 6 months on issues I have found here to have been asked for for YEARS and still they don't seem to do ANYTHING we need. All they do is farm us off to 3rd party basement dweller app makers who are touch and go at best sometimes and it's frankly stupid. Merging customer accounts and indicating which account to be the new root account would be fairly simple to implement, but they seem to outright ignore us, instead they add more filter options for crap I never use and leave out logical display and filtration options for product view (like price jeez). Not happy with you Shopify. Every time I come here to find a "solution" on the community all I find are threads like this with page after page of unhappy customers still looking for a solution.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Desperately need this!

0 Likes
1 0 1

Any updates on this?

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

This really needs to be fixed. We have a lot of customers with multiple accounts and it gets really confusing for the customer as well as our office.

A customer places an order and misspells their email address. We need to apply that order to the correct account without deleting the order.

@Michelle_Lin wrote:

I have a customer who placed an order using email A, and then another order using email B. Now she has two different customer accounts.

She's contacted us asking if we can merge the account from email B into email A, that way she can see all her order history and reward points all in one place.

How do I go about doing this?

it and retyping everything.

Not sure why it is so difficult to fix. Other systems don't have a problem with it. Please fix.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I wanted to add to the chorus here and say we need this feature.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
150 2 49

Shopify's inability to edit/change stuff is a huge weakness. Why doesn't Shopify understand that:

- Customers forget they've signed up to your newsletter

- Customers want to add past orders to their account

- Customers change their mind

- Customers don't care about POS/platform limitations

Shopify's workaround of deleting/re-entering breaks integrations with things like loyalty/points apps and automated email drip campaigns. It's 2019, we need data flexibility period.

There are so many data flexibility threads like this one that it's frankly embarrassing sorry.

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Adding my voice to this feature request

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Any updates on this? Would be nice to have this relatively simple seeming feature.

0 Likes
1 0 2

Adding my name to this. 

Shopify is pretty good, but it doesn't focus enough on sites selling b2b. 

2 Likes