Merge two customer accounts into one

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Just spoke to Shopify chat and they don’t plan on implementing it anytime soon either. 😢
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
163 2 85

This came up again over the weekend via the POS app. Shipping details had to be entered twice because a customer forgot they'd signed up to the newsletter - the app spits up an error saying the email is already in use, forcing customers to add their details all over again.

For the love of God, when the POS app recognises an email, just provide an option to update the account using the new data. 

I've tried explaining these inflexible data issues to Shopify but staff don't get it. One guy even accused me of just airing grievances! Try working a busy pop-up sale for a week and this stuff will smack you in the face. The frustration expressed in these forums is nothing compared to the reality on the ground sometimes. 

This stuff annoys impatient shoppers on a level you cannot believe - and who can blame them? It's 2020, ya know?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Adding myself to this thread.  New to Shopify and already encountering this issue - we definitely need this functionality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Also adding myself to this thread, would love to see this resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Shopify support has told me in the past the best way to communicate your enhancement requests is through Chat with one of their representatives. I'm not sure that adding comments to this thread is even being noticed by them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
163 2 85

It's understandable that Shopify doesn't like this stuff to be public but when you contact them directly, your request has zero visibility. I do both and it still takes years, if at all.

Shopify needs to provide visibility, explain their position and actually fix stuff. It's like they think they're Apple or something.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've got to put name on this too! We NEED this feature!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

Just had a regular repeat customer who has checked out with 2 different emails in the past and signed up for email newsletter with a third get frustrated because her order history is all goofy. 

This functionality needs to happen!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
163 2 85

Yep.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 22

Huh, that's odd.  I wonder why this is so difficult.  It's not an issue until it is, and then it's a pain in the butt.  

1 Like