Merge two customer accounts into one

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 5
Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question, I appreciate it. 
I hope we will see the solution soon enough, this is really bothering me, especially when we do the end of the year reports, or even the basics, trying to look what a customer previously purchase. Embarrassing to tell them we don't have the info because they are under 2 different names....

Thanks again, Ifat
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 4

check the customers page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 36

Hi Karmel,

I just checked the /admin/customers, aka shopify admin customers page.

There doesn't appear to be anything new there and nothing related to customer merge (as it has been for the last 7 years).

What were you suggesting the "check the customers page" for?  Do you see a customer merge option on your shopify admin customers page?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 0 66

Well said @Daniel_Kaplan I'm now trying any route possible to raise this issue as this forum/support route seems fruitless (although I will keep posting here just to keep it alive). I  am now commenting on any ecommerce reviews I see highlighting the major deficiency. I have also sent LinkedIn messages to the shopify CEO and Product VP - I didn't get any response but hopefully they will be aware of the pain. Moving to another platform would be painful as I have built quite an ecosystem around shopify with automated subscription management and order fulfilment. The reality is had I known this at the start I would never have chosen it. And if this basic/essential functionality was there I would not want to go elsewhere.

John

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

Following.

Really need this feature.

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

We recently left Square where this feature was a key to managing customers accounts. I see this is an issue with Shopify, I hate to think I made a mistake importing my customers and products over to Shopify.  This feature is needed and should be already a part of the list of features and not something we need to beg developers to implement. 

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Adding our name to the list requesting this, I really can't believe that this is what I found when searching for a solution.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 7

I know. it beggars belief.

This and a couple of other tweaks that you know would be easy to add that would make life easier for many

Ive given up

I feel Shopify getting to big to worry about the smaller fish

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 0 66

I find it annoying that shopify send me an email like this but seems to completely ignore this issue that has caused pain for many many merchants for years. SHOPIFY - ADDRESS YOUR MERCHANT PAIN POINTS - GIVES US THE ABILITY TO MANAGE OUR CUSTOMERS.

JohnC_0-1599027844369.png

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 0 66

And I've just had another instance this morning:

1. A customer emails me to change his email address (another annoyance - customers should be able to do this themselves)
  2. I find and try and update his account under which he has placed many orders over a few years.
  3. the change is rejected as the new email address is in use
  4. I find the account with the new email address - created when he placed an order a month back and remove the email address
  5. I go back to his main account and update it to the new email address
  6. The customer can now log in and see all his old orders - but not the order he placed a month ago
  7. I have to explain to him that I'm using a (deficient) system that doesn't allow me to update and merge the accounts

= unhappy customer and unhappy merchant

4 Likes