Merging customer accounts

Highlighted
2 0 2
Unfortunately, her only other email address is already in the system.
Highlighted
2 0 4

Same! I would love to know as well. This is an issue I just realized I had. Been a shopify consumer since the begging of the year. 

Only this issue and the USPS scan forms are my only complaint! 

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Any word on if this has been implemented or not?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 0 87

Hi CoBow

Unfortunately not despite SEVEN years of everyone asking for it. See this post and which shows all the threads of merchants who desperately need this: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Merge-Customer-accounts/m-p/864685/highlight/true... 

Shopify  GET THIS FIXED URGENTLY

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

wow just wow, anyway

plus 1, We need to merge customers like the rest of the Shopify world.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 10

If we all band together and leave, or stop paying a bill for a month, I bet THAT will get heard?! I’ve threatened to mention other platforms that can do this, as well as track inventory and costs without 3rd party programs, and am getting closer to just abandoning this altogether and going that way instead of the frustration and extra bills

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 0 87

@otherside wrote:

If we all band together and leave, or stop paying a bill for a month, I bet THAT will get heard?! I’ve threatened to mention other platforms that can do this, as well as track inventory and costs without 3rd party programs, and am getting closer to just abandoning this altogether and going that way instead of the frustration and extra bills

I'm as frustrated as you are @otherside. I'm about to start evaluating swell.io - purely because they assure me it can support customer merge (not out of the box but easily done).

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 12

JohnC,

Does Shopify lurk here? Or do we need to take that list of threads and push it up the chain more directly?

To all of the others that keep threatening, to leave if they don't get it fixed, I don't believe that's an effective strategy. I don't respond well to threats myself.

While this issue is affecting a bunch of noisy customers, it might still represent 1-2% of all of Shopify's customers, and it may not be hindering those store's sales and growth all that much. It might be in the bug list, but far down on the priority list.

Sure I'd like to see it fixed too. It seems like a simple thing to fix. I can't believe customer merging isn't part of this platform, but It's not stoping me from moving forward and making sales.

To the idea of everybody banding together and not paying for a month of service. You're just going to trigger an algorithm that tells you that you'd better pay up or your store will be suspended. Good luck with that.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 609

Hi everyone, 

We understand the passion, and we are sharing this feedback internally. Beyond that, we cannot provide speculation on when this feature may come but rest assured your feedback is being captured. The best way to continue and discuss in this thread is to keep the thread on point providing context on why this is valuable to your store. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes