Merging customer accounts

Highlighted
1 0 4

I agree we need this.  It is also frustrating that we cannot edit our customer database ourselves!  Seems like an easy fix to make, and yet it is not happening!  I have multiple customers who are complaining that not all their orders are in one place!  I have multiple customers that prefer I reset their password for them or at least have an easier process that doesn't involve scrolling through email trying to find the shopify reset password email in spam! 

Mostly I'd just like to be able to MERGE the CUSTOMERS with different email addresses into ONE Customer Account.  Don't other systems use a customer number as a placeholder for them, and not rely solely on the email address? 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 8

Yes, please add this feature.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 10

How can you NOT have this feature? Seriously.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
67 0 3

+1 for this feature. ASAP

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Yooooo Shopify fix this ish right away. It's now screwing up our rewards program.  It's 2019 and your customers have been begging for YEARSSSSS

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

We moved to Shopify from Lightspeed and we're now realizing LS had many great features built-in that Shopify does not—or is not even capable of.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

YES!!  PLEASE ADD THIS OPTION!  We just added rewards points and this is really causing issues with customers.  Some have 3 accounts and it takes a lot of time to manually add points to the correct account.  We have 4 retail stores and our ecommerce store using the rewards app.

PLEASE CREATE A MERGE CUSTOMER OPTION!!!!!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Please add my interest in desperately needing this feature.

But at this point - @Shopify - could you please just answer?

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 11

Any news on this? I believe this is one of those features that I would trust Shopify to handle vs an external app as my customer data is very important.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 14

We really need this feature and have it with our wholesale non Shopify site. It seems Shopify can do some great things but ignore very important customer requests. People have been asking for this for 6 years now and they have no excuse for not implementing this feature. It seems the longer we use this software the more we find the simple important things customers and us want to manage a successful online business are ignored and this should not be the case when we pay a lot of money to use their product.

2 Likes