Merging customers accounts

apetitestore
Tourist
3 0 3

Has there been any updates or progress on the ability to MERGE CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS that are duplicates?  We have a ton and we basically began online sales mid March.  This is really needed to keep up with past orders and preferences but also with our loyalty program. 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@apetitestore 

Thank you for your interest in adding the ability to merge customer accounts.

I know how impactful this feature would be for you and other merchants as it will help clean up and organize the admin. I can say that this feature is something our Products team is actively reviewing; however, I can not provide an ETA on when the feature will be added. We are unable to provide updates on feature requests due to the extensive testing that goes into each feature. Though, if we are able to launch a feature, we will update our changelog so store owners are aware. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HKJ
Excursionist
38 1 2

@Peter wrote:

@apetitestore 

Thank you for your interest in adding the ability to merge customer accounts.

I know how impactful this feature would be for you and other merchants as it will help clean up and organize the admin. I can say that this feature is something our Products team is actively reviewing; however, I can not provide an ETA on when the feature will be added. We are unable to provide updates on feature requests due to the extensive testing that goes into each feature. Though, if we are able to launch a feature, we will update our changelog so store owners are aware. 

Add my request for this feature as well, please.

0 Likes