Merging two customer accounts into one still not available after at least 7 Years.

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 12

Hey there eCommercers!

With time i've seen many bugs and mistake's from Shopify's side. The small simple things that should've been implemented or fixed as the time goes by. For example, Shopify just recently added their own Currency Changer and Language Translator in one app.. It's a bit buggy, but seems to work. Now they made Shopify e-mail, Quite good, yet STILL BUGGY! 

Now, why am i here? I'm here because i have a customer that ordered 2 products, the problem is they misspelled their e-mail in the second order. And guess what? I cannot merge the two accounts as one, so the customer would receive all the product updates, as shipping, tracking, confirmation.

Now, let me ask you this Shopify, i tried to search online for the fixes.. all i found was posts starting FROM 2013 ALL THE WAY UP TO 2020, that people cannot merge accounts if this issue arises.
Here are a few links starting from 2013:
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Customer-Registration-Problem-quot-Email-has-alre...
and 
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Merge-two-customer-accounts-into-one/td-p/199735

HOW IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE AFTER 7 YEARS? 7 YEARS!!!!! Hundreds and not if Thousands of people have requested a fix for this, but every complaint,bug,issue is being downplayed with a sh*t fix or just simply deal with it. 
When are you actually going to start to care about the community and not the profit you make from our transactions?

There are so many problems that are so simple fix, by implementing a simple code in your system. 
We barely see any updates and when we do they are something that either we don't need or what had to be implemented and done years ago.

On the behalf of your Customers, Shopify, Please fix this issue and listen more to your audience on what has to be fixed or implemented to make this a even better platform for us and you.

Regards, Martin.

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

I second this motion!!!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

This is a HUGE problem and no good reason why it hasn't been fixed in all this time. Shopify replied in 2013 that they can merge an account if we contact support. This is extremely inconvenient and inefficient. Maybe if all their customers start sending endless support tickets to have accounts merged they will listen and create a fix? 

shopify.PNG

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 12

Yeah, i even doubt that they will respond to this. 
And Thanks for adding a comment with proof!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 12

*UPDATE ON THIS*

Now i can't update tracking, because oberlo say's this - "More than one order with order number found". Which is something you don't see everyday. 

So now i can't even update the tracking for customer in oberlo.. GREAT!

1 Like