Messenger Menu

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

Is there a way to make Shopify's built in messenger bot and ManyChat play nice?

I've turned on Messenger in Shopify because I want my customers to be able to get tracking info via messenger if they want, but I want to use the Menu I've defined in ManyChat.

In Shopfiy it doesn't look like there is an option to turn off the Messenger Menu and right now it looks like its a 50/50 on if my customers see the default Shopify menu or if they see the one I've defined in manychat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

So...no then?   anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

I wandered here looking for answers to the same question. So far; I am using a work around. Shopify wants customers to click a "Get Started" button which automatically publishes a message. So within that message I tell my customer "Hey, if you need help with anything, just reply to this message. Or else, type "#secret" to see something cool. 

That keyword triggers a manychat flow. This is where shopify goes away and Manychat takes over

Daily instagram tips and tricks
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm not going to do that. There has GOT to be a way to disable the messenger menu. It's distracting and not good practice. I've got a lot of time invested into ManyChat and seems that shopify is not even one of the approved domains inside the advanced messaging settings. Why is it greyed out?

0 Likes