Migrate to Different Account

Highlighted
4 0 0

Is it easy enough to migrate a Shopify store from one account to another?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 55 74

Hi @custard-apple,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

It's quite easy to migrate your store's data to another store with the help of a CSV file as mentioned in this guide. Is there any area, in particular, you're hoping to switch over to the new account that's not mentioned in the guide? As well you are more than welcome to set up as many trials as you would like and if you would prefer to pause or close the first store, you should be able to do so as shown here

Will the second store be completely different from the first one? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

You can follow the system instruction to export CSV files to back up your store information or duplicate your store. Then transfer store information by using CSV file, but some of them must be transferred manually. Plus, remember that you are not able to transfer orders, coupon this way, or because there're too many of them to handle manually.

In this situation,  being a former user, may I suggest you a solution as an alternative. An automated migration tool developed by litextension can help you transfer all the data with ease. Along with bunch of additional options to fulfill any of your needs. Migrate to a different account has never been easier with this tool, you can check how the progress can be done here.

They provide 24/7 support, so don't hesitate to contact them anytime you need further assistance.

1 Like