Migrating My WooCommerce Site To Shopify - Need Some Input

EQUIPPED
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi All,

I'm hoping that you all can provide some feedback for me on solving some issues that are holding me back from moving over to Shopify. 

Currently, we have our (3) websites running on Wordpress using WooCommerce as the Catalog. We use a theme where on each product we can turn the shopping cart buttons off on the product level, and then can choose if we want to, to replace the Add To Cart Button with a Button of our choice that links elsewhere. This is important to us as a large % of our products are not for sale through the website due to the value of them and require consultation. Because of this we usually create a "Request A Quote" button that links to a form asking for contact information and asking product-related questions. 

This is the part I'm having a difficult time figuring out. Are there any apps that allow us to do something similar on a per product within Shopify? Or is there a way to create two different Product Layouts, such as one for Product and one for Catalog? 

My other question is has anyone found a form builder app for Shopify that integrates with Insightly CRM? As that's our main CRM. 

0 Likes
EQUIPPED
Tourist
6 0 1

No one has any ideas on this?

0 Likes
jasonavada
Navigator
309 11 37

Hi @EQUIPPED 

This is my suggestion for you regarding this issue. We are now having an article on How to import products from WooCommerce to Shopify, you can take a look at it here. Please give it a careful read and follow all the instructions included in it.

Hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
ArecJohnson
1 0 0

Hi Jason,

Mu question is also related to this and I am also looking for the right way. I am Welding Expert by Profession and I've an affiliate site on welding products which is built on wordpress. As I've experienced in my field now I want to build an ecommerce store where I can sell my own welding products. Is there any way to migrate Wordpress website to shopify store? If yes then What I need to do? I've read this guide which you shared link on this discussion but it is all about how to import woocommerce products to shopify but my question is different to this. So if there is any official guide article in which you guide step by step about How I can migrate from Wordpress to shopify, so it will be helpful for me. 

My Website URL: https://welderexpert.com

I am waiting for your response because I want to migrate my website ASAP. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
257 11 35

Hey Guys

You can migrate your store using the Shopify built app: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import/woocommerce-migration

Basically you just export all content from your Wordpress site that Woocommerce is installed in.

In terms of checkout process you can replace the add to cart button with a contact request option for certain products: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-replace-add-to-cart-button

You can then create draft orders in Shopify and have them emailed to customers to go through checkout and pay.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
EQUIPPED
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply, but my question wasn't really about product migration. 

The issue I am having is that we have both products for sale (products that can actually be purchased online) and catalog products (products that don't show pricing, and require the customer to request a quote using a form), I'm looking for a solution on how to accomplish this with Shopify. Is there a way to make two product types with different product pages where when creating a new product you can select the product type and enter information accordingly. 

For Example:

Product Type "Standard". --------> Normal Shopify Product Page with Price & Add To Cart Button

Product Type "Catalog".----------> Modified Shopify Product Page with Price Removed And "Add To Cart" Button replace with "Request A Quote" Button 

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
257 11 35

Hi

The link tutorial I sent is just a simple one but basically you can create a separate product page for specific products that you want to do and have any option on that page. So in your case you can remove price field, change add to cart to submit quote which then submits form entries you can add to page like name, email, message etc. To assign to different products you follow these instructions:

Assign your new template to a product

Now that the template is finished, you can assign it to all of the products for which you want to hide the Add to cart button.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

2. Click the name of a product that you want to hide the Add to cart button on.

3. On the product page of your Shopify admin, under Theme templates, choose your new requires-contact template from the Template suffix drop-down.

4. Click Save.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
EQUIPPED
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you. That exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. 

Hi @EQUIPPED

This is my recommendation for your issue. You can use a default template for all your products first. And with those you want to create “Request A Quote”, you can create a template that can only be used for them. 

Hope my answer is useful to you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a data migration solution? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes

Hi @ArecJohnson

Hope you are doing well.

We’re LitExtension - the world-leading shopping cart migration expert. Please take into account our migration service. 

You only need to give us your WordPress store and Shopify store information, and we will do the whole project for you. Using LitExtension’s service, we guarantee that all your data (products, customers, orders…) will be migrated accurately; no sales lost during transferring; unlimited free re-migration and smart update after moving to Shopify; totally FREE dedicated support team.  

You can find more information about our service here. Feel free to contact us or chat with us via LitExtension’s website, we will support you dedicatedly and timely.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a data migration solution? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes