Migrating customers to Shopify

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

We are developing a Shopify site to replace our 3dcart storefront.  I have a question about migrating customers.  I understand I can export the customers form 3dcart and import them into shopify.  Once that is complete, is there a method to email the customers to invite them to complete the account setup with regards to creating a password?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Actually, the easiest method for your customers would be to email them using whichever CRM system you are currently using and letting them know about these changes.

You could use a transactional email service like

• SendinBlue
  • Mailjet

For more complex emails (e.g. every customer gets a custom workflow), you could try 

• Active Campaign

Hope this helps!

Working on...
1. Product Lens (App that helps the middle of the funnel marketing)
2. Strategy + Tactics: Marketing Blog
3. Want store feedback? Try this free tool (You gotta give to receive)
4. 60-day SEO email course
5. FB Marketing 102 email newsletter
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 118

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @VDCUSA!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru. First of all, I wanted to say welcome to Shopify!

You're absolutely right, in that you can import customers using a CSV. Once they are in the admin, there will be a button in each customer's profile to send them an account invitation. It will look like this

13-22-kpj9b-eacav

At this time, there isn't a way to send these invites in bulk, however there are a few options available depending on your account. If you have signed up for Shopify Plus, you will be able to use the Bulk Account Inviter. There are some more details about how this app works here.  If you aren't currently on a Shopify Plus plan, there are third party apps, like Bulk Account Invite Sender, which will give you similar functionality!

Alternatively, as @FuFei mentioned, if you have an email list or newsletter system set up, you can send you customers an email in bulk to let them know they can sign up for an account once you switch to your new storefront!

What are some of the features you're most looking forward to using with your new Shopify store?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you for your suggestions.  We have quite a few customers that call in to place phone orders so for those I will import them in.  For the others, I will send an email inviting them to create an account with a coupon code for their first purchase.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 118

You're welcome!

Feel free to let us know, or start a new thread if you have any further questions about your store!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
42 1 11

Hello @VDCUSA,

The best way to migrate customers from OpenCart to Shopify is by using an automated migration tool called LitExtension. This tool helps you move all your data including products, orders, SEO URLs, and of course customers to Shopify. 

Besides, you can take advantage of the additional migration options (create 301 redirects after migration, migrate additional images, etc.) to make your specific from OpenCart to Shopify migration even more seamless and error-free.

They also provide FREE DEMO for you to preview how easily this tool works and how your data is arranged in your new store.

I hope you will have a fully successful migration!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 4

Hi buddy,

You can use an app to send account invites to all of your customers who have yet to sign up. If your store is on the Shopify Plus plan, then you can use the Bulk Account Inviter app.

However, bear this in mind, that exporting and importing data manually can pose some sort of threats to your data as bug may happen and data is probably lost if migrating is done carelessly. If your data is migrated by using automated shopping cart migration tool, that will not by any mean happen. Take LitExtension into account. This service will take care your migration from top to bottom. If you have any questions, they have a wonderful team for it. If you haven't cleared your doubt on it, preview a free demo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
42 1 11

I'm sorry, I have some mistakes. However, this tool can also migrate data from over +85 supported carts to Shopify, how amazing it is! So I will put the link of 3dCart to Shopify migration here for everybody in case you need it!

0 Likes
Highlighted

We've migrated hundreds of websites to Shopify and this is a very common question. Yes, you can invite customers one at a time within the customer profile. But the best method we have found is through the Bulk Invite app. I've written about the process on our blog "Bulk invite your customers to activate their account after migrating to Shopify". If you need help with this process then you can reach out to us anytime at Pelican Commerce

0 Likes