Migration from Woocommerce to Shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I am not a Shopify customer "yet" and want to know about migration from Woocommerce to Shopify.

What is the stuff I can migrate and what is it that I can't?

I've seen this post here about not being able to migrate the URLs that will have an impact on the SEO as well.

Especially, I want my basic theme layout and color scheme to be the same as it is on Wocommerce. Here is the link to the website: https://cuteplushies.net

Also, check the product page design here: Giant Shark Plush 

Please guide me or provide me any links to the resources available on the migration.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,

You can choose a migration tool provider helping you to solve this. Particularly, this is an additional option when you perform migration from Woocommerce to Shopify. There are entities you can migrate. Check it out to see what can be migrated. Also, you can run a demo for free to visualize how the result may turn out to be.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

You can migrate e-commerce and CMS data from WooCommerce to Shopify including: collections/categories, products, orders, customers, product reviews, URLs (301 redirects), blog posts, pages. This store migration app is a reliable tool (recommended): https://apps.shopify.com/nextcart-store-migration. You can ask them to customize the tool to mirate data from any source.

If you want to migrate the theme too, you will need to hire a Shopify Development company/developer. Besides, you can choose a new theme in Shopify marketplace and change to pink color.

Next-Cart Store Migration App
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for the information! I will look into this!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Right now I am comparing different stores using one of the two platforms (Woocommerce and Shopify) and It seems there is no big difference in the designs.

By the way, thank you for attending my question. It really helped!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 1

Yes. I have worked on both platforms and WooCommerce is very similar to Shopify, especially product types (variantion and simple). If you do not have much tech savvy, Shopify will be easier to use. No worries about hosting, upgrades and security. You can read more about tons of Shopify useful features here: https://next-cart.com/what-makes-shopify-prevalent/

If you want an unlimited trial Shopify store for development, I can help you to create one.

Next-Cart Store Migration App
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
42 1 11

I used WooCommerce for a long time but I am in the process of changing my store from WooCommerce to Shopify by using an automated tool called LitExtension. Shopify has many features to customize the page according to my requirements and its easy-to-use function impressed me, because I don’t understand deeply technical skills! You should try free demo of this service first to migrate to Shopify to test many features on the test store.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Hello, you should get help from a trusted migration partner, they could migrate without losing much SEO using 301 redirects. Turn to these guy for professional assistance. Regarding the template adaptation, I think it is included in the all-in-one package, visit their website and live chat to have more information.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you're migrating to Shopify then you will be selecting a new theme or customizing an existing theme layout to match what you have. But it is just easier and preferred to keep yourself in control over the design changes to find a theme that is close to the same layout as your current site. That is not that hard to do since the layout you have is simple. 

Automated plugins will pull over some of your data but they will not migrate everything. For example, your theme will not come over with an Automated Migration Plugin. You will want to migrate all your product detail pages, collection landing pages, content pages, blog pages, and your home page 1:1 page for page match. Then you will need to map every single page with your existing sites canonical URL with a 301-Redirect (URL-Redirect) inside Shopify. Setup your theme, collection rules, navigation, any apps you desire, and then Shopify settings like Shipping, Payments, and Tax. 

If you need help with migrating your website to Shopify then check out our Full-Service Migration to Shopify service at Pelican Commerce

0 Likes