Migration of Customer csv from another platfrom to shopify

tulsiacharya
3 0 0

I have a customer list to migrate from another platform to shopify which is mixed of account holders , other customers( who may have subscribed for email only) and non-account holders( who have bought product without creating account). If I migrate my customers list according to format of sample csv of shopify, all the customers will be shown as 'no account' but I need the customers list to be distinguished as registered, non-registered and subscribed email-account categories as mentioned above. I need help for this.

0 Likes

Hi @tulsiacharya , 

I'm Timmy from LitExtension - the world-leading shopping cart migration expert. Our company has had the honor to perform 150,000+ shopping cart migration projects for over 50,000 customers worldwide. 

We will help you migrate your data from CSV files (from your other platform) to Shopify. Using LitExtension’s service, we guarantee that: 

- Migrate all your data effectively. Simply, your customer list fields will be automatically transferred with the highest accuracy

- Totally FREE 24/7 dedicated support via various channels: email, LiveChat, Skype,... 

- Unlimited free re-migration, smart update later on

Your whole migration process will be taken care of by our technical experts. You only need to give us the customer CSV files and your Shopify store’s information, and we will update you on the progress regularly.

Now, you can run the Free Demo via LitExtension Store Migration app on Shopify App Store. Plus, you can find more information about our CSV files migration service on LitExtension website

Feel free to contact us even when running the demo, we will support you dedicatedly and timely. 

Timmy Tran - LitExtension Expert
- If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
- Are you looking for a data migration solution? LitExtension is here to assist you!
- Need help? Contact us. Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
tulsiacharya
3 0 0

Hi 

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
235 10 30

Hi

Have you tried the Shopify built importer: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import

In terms of the fields you can actually specify you can see what column values should be available by checking: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/customers/customer

For subscribed to email try adding column name of accepts_marketing and setting it to true for those who subscribed.

For fields that you want but are not listed you would need to put them in as tags: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/manage-customers#edit-a-customers-tags

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
SarahJ
Excursionist
12 1 1

Hi @tulsiacharya,

have you considered using Cart2Cart? They deal with all kinds of migrations and probably will help you find the solution. I turn to them with all migration-related issues. The guys are quick to respond. So, if you haven't found a way to transfer your csv file, maybe you should check them out. Just contact the support team and hopefully, they will suggest something.

0 Likes