Minimal Theme, How to change "Free" to "Quote on shopping cart when price is set to $0.00

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, my name is Jeff. I'm using Minimal Theme and we manufacture products that have many variables such as multiple fabrics and multiple colors to choose from. Not all fabrics have the same color choices though. Our customer can also add special features to our products. With that, we have changed our product pricing to $0.00 expecting the customer to choose their products in the shopping cart and then request a quote for pricing. Here lies the issue.... When prices are shown as $0.00, the Shopping Cart calls them out as "Free". How do I change "Free" to "Quote"?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
466 57 115

Hey, @Batesdisplay!

Lizzy here, from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing your question with us in the community! To help out with the "Free" text that you're seeing on your Cart page, I wanted to share this screenshot with you from the Language Editor that you can find under Online Store>Themes>Actions>Edit Languages.

20-35-se3iv-yhnzw

If you search for the term you're looking for, all of the instances of it in your theme will appear. Here you can change the ones that you'd like to see adjusted. In this case I believe it would be "Free" in the top two sections that you'd need to change.

I also wanted to let you know about the product option apps that we have in the Shopify App store here. With one of these you would be able to set up custom options on your products, and even include pricing adjustments so that your customers see different totals depending on their selections! Most of these apps will allow you to use radio buttons, checkboxes, drop downs and more. If you're looking for a slightly more automated way to set your products up, something like this could help.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here! 

Thanks again,

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Lizzy, this is just what I needed. You're the best. Take care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
466 57 115

You're welcome, Jeff. I'm happy to hear that helped!

All the best!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes