Minimum Purchase Amount

AmandaSee1984
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello all! 

I'm looking for a way to have a minimum purchase amount added to certain products in my store. For example I sell sublimation transfers, and an Infant size is $0.99 each. To save the headache of someone ordering just one 99 cent item, I wanted to make it so they had to spend at least $20 before shipping, to even be able to check out. I have the Shopify basic plan. Is there a way to make this happen, or an app of some sorts that can do this for me? I'm not a wholesale business, so I don't want to dabble or get wrapped up in that. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 68 116

Hi, @AmandaSee1984!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. An app is a great way to achieve minimum cart requirements - especially for specific products. One great app I'd recommend to get your started is Order Limits. I've outlined below some of the benefits of using this app and how it can help you.

Order Limits - MinMaxify
* $4.99/month. 14-day free trial.
* With MinMaxify, it’s easy to define minimum and maximum product and cart limits for your orders, from simple to complex.
* You can apply restrictions for an entire cart, specific products or groups of products.

There is another way that you could do this too, without the use of an app. If you're wanting to set a minimum limit of $20 storewide (i.e. a customer can't checkout until their cart has reached $20), then you could look at using shipping rates as your answer. You can use flat rates (or even free shipping) with conditions set at a minimum of $20. If the customer doesn't have $20 worth of products in their cart, when they get to the shipping page, they'd be presented with no shipping options and be unable to proceed to the payment screen. To set this up, you'll need to set up flat rate shipping based on price. When setting up the rates, you'd need to set the minimum purchase amount to $20 (or any amount you see fit).

It's important to note that if you use this option, it would apply sitewide and not just to one specific product. If you would like to enforce the minimum spend on a specific product, the app solution is your best solution.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes