How can I set up a minimum product order in my online store?

SimonButterwort
Excursionist
17 1 0

I am looking at setting up a shopify store where customers will need to purchase a minimum of 3 of products which could be a made up of a combination of products.

Is there a way of doing this as i can not see one or any information on how to implement.

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @SimonButterwort.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out and that is a great question!

There isn't a way to set a minimum number of products required for the cart or for checkout by default. However, as a way to incentivize your customers to purchase more, one option you can consider is by setting a minimum quantity of items as a condition for your discount codes

Though it may be possible to customize your theme and create a minimum purchase requirement through custom coding, this does fall outside the scope of our support. If you have limited knowledge with HTML, Javascript, Liquid, and CSS, you can hire a developer to help you with that - Shopify Experts is a great place for that. Experts are experienced in working with custom coding and they'll be able to create a solution for you. 

Alternatively, there are third-party apps that can help with setting a minimum purchase requirement, such as Order Limits - MinMaxify or Min&Max Limits by Limitsify. Both of these apps are amazing options that can offer more functionalities that could be useful to you. If you need any help with these apps, you can also reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

Let me know if any of these options work for you?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

eFoli-Marvic
Shopify Partner
223 40 39

@SimonButterwort I might be late to suggest you the solution but it may help others. According to your requirements, I can suggest you to try the  MultiVariants - Bulk order app. With this app, you can set a minimum purchase quantity for any combination of variants.

You can create products in the Shopify admin panel and put those products as variants that you want to sell as combinations. With the app, you can set minimum-maximum quantities per variant, and limit the order quantity. You can also apply differently for different products.

Here I’m providing a Demo Product where you can select any 5 before going to the cart page: 

Image: Tang flavor Drink (Select any 5) – MultiVariants app demo storeImage: Tang flavor Drink (Select any 5) – MultiVariants app demo store

Marvic | EFOLI
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants