Miss button to send updated order confirmation

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi. Am I the only one who miss a button to send an updated order confirmation when an order has been edited? I create a lot of draft orders for my B2B customers and when I edit an order I can't send a new order confirmation? I just don't understand why that button is missing. It would make total sense to have such a button.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 15 54

Hi, @Bettina_Cronqui!

I appreciate you sharing your question in our Community Forums. My name is Olivia and I'm part of the Shopify staff team here.

There's a couple of things I noticed in your question about editing and updating orders, which I wanted to further clarify. You might even find this Edit Order FAQ helpful while reading through this post.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Hi and thanks for responding. I'm not interested in sending an updated invoice. I only want to send an updated order confirmation, and since there are several Shopify templates/notifications, also an invoice template, that current option won't work.

If I were you I would have 2 buttons: 1 button for Send updated order confirmation and 1 button for Send updated invoice.

We are so many different businesses and a wider scope in the Shopify solutions would be greatly appreciated.

It is the same when it comes to discount codes. Why can't we combine discount codes in the same order? Why such a limited solution? Why?

Thanks.

Best wishes, Bettina
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 15 54

Thanks for your quick reply, @Bettina_Cronqui!

I just want to make sure I understand your feedback entirely before I can pass it along. 

If we are strictly dealing with draft orders, then order confirmation email updates don't apply in this scenario. 

Once the order is confirmed (i.e. paid for or marked as paid), only then will the order confirmation email be triggered and sent. This is an intentional design because an order is not confirmed until it is paid for and taken out of inventory. After payment it will convert from a draft order into an order.

Once the draft order converts to an order, then you will have the option of sending updated order confirmation emails each time the order is edited.

If you do not want to send your customers updated invoices, then you must mark their order as paid to convert their draft order into an order to send them order confirmation emails. We only recommend marking orders as paid if you already received the funds outside of Shopify. This is critical for your inventory and sales to balance at the end of the day.

To answer your last question, discount 'stacking', aka the combination of discounts, is currently unavailable on the Shopify platform. 

This is largely due to merchant consensus, but that certainly doesn't mean it will always stay that way. In the meantime, when you edit your orders, you can apply manual discounts of a certain percentage/amount as such:

05-58-d2aj4-qpqfd

Maybe you can tell me a little more about your business model and workflow to help me better understand your needs and feedback.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Hi and thanks.

But this is exactly the problem. You setup bizarre rules for us merchants. You demand that I mark an order as paid if I need to do send out an updated order confirmation. What is the logic in that? Which businesses do that in the real world? And at the same time you advise against it. Sending out an updated order confirmation is just plain good service. Nothing else. Plain and simple good service. The button to do that should be there. I strongly advise hat you implement it NEXT TO the button that says Send updated invoice.

We who are merchant honestly need Shopify to reflect the real world of doing business much more than is the case today. We don't need those bizarre rules that don't exist or reflect the way you do business.

In the version of Shopify that I have access to I don't have an option to send out an updated order confirmation. I can send out an updated invoice, but that is not what I want. I ONLY want to send an order confirmation in order to provide a good service.

Why is this not possible? This IS what you do when you run a business.

Thanks.
0 Likes