Missing 1099

dorgain
2 0 0

I'm trying to find and download my 1099-k, which from what I've found should be located in view payouts> documents... but it doesn't give me a "documents" option anywhere on the payouts page. My store has over 200 transactions and $20,000 - so what am I missing? Thanks!

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
779 53 92

Hi, @dorgain.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

You're correct that the 1099-K form for Shopify Payments will be under Payouts > Documents. Are you using Shopify Payments exclusively, or are there other payment gateways like PayPal or manual payment methods enabled on your store? The 1099-K form is available when the total processed through Shopify Payments is $20,000 or higher and there are 200 or more transactions, so if orders came through outside of Shopify Payments, they wouldn't be included in these totals.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ehfink
1 0 0

Thanks, Sophia.

So if we are taking payments from both Shopify payments, paypal, amazon pay, credit cards, etc...  How do we find or download the 1099-K?

That's for more than $20,000, but if we have less then what do we need to report to the IRS?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
779 53 92

Hi, @ehfink!

The 1099-K form issued in the Shopify admin is only for Shopify Payments, so it doesn't factor in transactions processed through other payment providers. As PayPal and Amazon Pay are a third-party payment providers, I recommend reviewing your accounts with them and contacting their support teams if necessary to find out whether they provide tax documents.

As I am unable to provide tax advice, please be sure to check with a local tax authority or accountant to make sure that your business files and remits taxes correctly. They will be able to provide accurate information and help you determine which documents you need for your tax reports.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes